Holy Yami Australia!

C

Camo

I just got off the phone with my Yamaha dealer and I'm gobsmacked.
I rang up to get a price on a gold front wheel and the two front forks so I had a starting point to workout how much to sell mine for as they have to go.

Yamaha Australia price
1 x Gold front wheel - $700
1 x right hand fork - $1300
1 x left hand fork - $1300

:eek:

sinclap2

Lazy
HOLY SHEET! :eek:

I was going to say that the Aust Y-Shop prices have dropped a smidge, but those prices seem crazy! :hbwall:

C

Camo

Did you expect anything different?

I guessed they'd be steep but I figured the wheel would be somewhere between 5 & 600 but 2600 for the forks?? That's just ridiculous.
Yeah mate, to answer your question honestly... No. I expected them to be overpriced. Just not to that extent.

W

WARPTH

there seems to be not enough competition in australia when it comes to bike parts and accessories. than they wonder why everyone buys the majority of their stuff on ebay. i mean im happy to pay a little bit more to have it there and than and support local business. but they seem to take it to the next level.

C

Camo

Exactly my sentiments Warpth. We keep reading or hearing about how buying outside of the local network of business is going to cruel our economy but I'm not going to be shafted.
You look at any parts fiche online based in the states, add shipping and your still infront.
There is no parts fiche here, you HAVE to go through your local yami dealer and he tells you the price + his mark up.
Yamaha Australia really need to take a long hard look at themselves. Great products but a care factor of zero when it comes to looking after their consumers.