High Speed Chase stories??

cambo

Avid Rider
On my drive into work today, I had the rare opportunity to witness a police stop...er...I guess an attempted police stop!

I was on the Dulles Toll Road and all of a sudden one of those superbike ducatis blew past me (I was doing about 80). And then in my rearview I saw a dulles toll road police coming up fast and I was like, "awwww shiiitttt". lights were off though. and then the ducati went from the fast lane to the exit lanes in one fluid motion and that's when the police car lit up. and then I thought aww ok, routine pull over. end of story.

But wait there's more!

all of a sudden the ducati rockets out of the exit lane, crosses all 5 lanes to get back into the fast lane and books it!! I was like, "noooo wayyyy!" and then the police made chase. and haha, at first I was thinking, "well, maybe he just doesn't know the police car was there?" but no. I sped up to try and stay with the action. and 4 miles later, when I had to exit, he was still chasing him lolol.

Though I don't condone this behavior...I do hope the dude escaped. Because he's definitely going to jail for doing that. and he looked liek he had a slender body. he's going to be someone's bitch. :(

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY

That taco bell triple steak stack is a LOAD OF BULL SHIT. It's more like a single steak stack. it's basically a flat bread with a beef jerky in it. and you'll get the runs in about 20 minutes after. and it doesn't up your bball game. in fact you don't even get to play bball. because you're getting cold sweats and the shivers on the toilet while your'e blowing your ass hole out.

Don't do it. It ain't worth it.

hope you all are doing well!

F

fz8kansas

The temp hit 60 here today so I got out and took a short trip around the west side of town. Felt great. Hope your healing well.
A good friend of mine ended up in the hospital after a dinner at Taco Hell.

cambo

Avid Rider
The temp hit 60 here today so I got out and took a short trip around the west side of town. Felt great. Hope your healing well.
A good friend of mine ended up in the hospital after a dinner at Taco Hell.

Thanks man, yeah I'm healing alright. Funny story, so my wife gave birth to our second son about 3 weeks ago...it was a horrible experience, long story short, the doc tried 4 times to get the epidural in but failed. It took everything in me to not jump across the bed, tell the doc to get another doc, and throw him out the window lol. and actually when I say doc...I mean intern. So Amanda couldn't wait for this intern to get a real doc and so she was doing it naturally...and she was holding my hand...my broken hand. Yeah that was a giant mistake. Apparently giving birth naturally awakens an inner beast? I could literally feel my broken bones crunching in together as she clamped down on my hand lol...but I didn't scream! nope, I was a man about it, I may have let out a couple drops of urine on accident...you know just a natural reaction to pain. it's cool guys it's cool.

Anyway, so my hand was doing so so up until then. Then it was sore as hell a couple days after. and voila! no more pain about a week after! maybe she reset it? lolol, I dunno...but it feels great now, I'm back in the weight room pushing manly numbers again. Not so good on the heavy bag though. I can jab and hook just fine with my left...but...with my right...I can only slap. It looks pretty stupid. Hopefully I don't get into a real fight in front of people. anytime soon. haha!

and yeah, hospital visits and taco smell are synonymous lol. I've been lucky so far though...I have an iron stomach...after years and years of being poor and seeing food in trash cans and eating it. when I say 'food' i mainly mean cookies or other various, untouched deserts. donuts etc.

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iK2K160WyE]Kelly McGarry's 72ft Canyon Gap POV - Red Bull Rampage 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

n00b

Avid Rider
He probably had a few Taco Bell steaks and was looking for the nearest bathroom. Cop was at Taco Bell too and following his lead.

ssky0078

Glad you're doing better Cambo. Secondly thanks for the warning about the Triple Steak Stack. I'm enjoying Toxic Hell at the moment but I keep it simple with burrito/taco supremes. The Cinnabon Delights are truly delightful for a temporary blast of sugar and fat that causes the immediate hardening of arteries.

So, I'd like to start this story off that I wasn't running from the cops when this happened. I know the forum rules and I advocate that people always follow the law while never run from the police.

However, about a month ago I was on my way to church in the morning. Late service at 11:30 of course. My usual routine is to enjoy the power and acceleration of my bike when I get on the freeway on ramp. Typically I will hit triple digits by the time I get to the meter lights (stoplights to control traffic flow). It's about a quarter mile and the way I look at it there is nobody to my sides, if I were to crash the bike and I would slide to a stop before the freeway merging area, so relatively low risk for injuring others and myself.

Anyway I'm getting to the bottom of the on-ramp slowing down to about 75 by the time I merge and stay with the flow of traffic which is right between 70-75 (we are all speeding). I look over to my left and 4 lanes over is a silver Avenger/Challenger/Charger (I can never tell the difference nor care to). I know this is an unmarked car because to be honest all the unmarked police cars in AZ have illegally dark window tint and the radio/satellite antennas on the trunk. So as I merge over I'm eyeing this car down and kinda staring him down, like what are you gonna do about it. I keep going down the road and at the next on-ramp that is coming up a group of cars are going to be merging in front of me so I accelerate up to about 80 and get over a lane to avoid the cars. Next thing I know I can barely hear the siren from my noise cancelling ear buds and music. AHHHH Shhhh, I'm lit up. I quickly dive over off the road and may or may not have not left enough room between the cars I went through for the police car to get over. I stop on the side of the road and look back, NO cop car. I wait a little longer and look ahead of me to see if he pulled over ahead of me. Nope. So I immediately go up to the next exit and get off the freeway then take surface streets up to the church. I called my friend who works for AZDPS and he said that likely the guy either wanted to scare me or he was off to a call. He would have stuck on my ass if he really wanted me to pull over. I was scared though until I talked with my friend because I thought maybe I ducked the pull over.

Rotaryknight

I wouldnt say this was a chase...per say, but when I was in my RX7 on the highway, I was on the onramp going home once the onramp joined the main highway there was a White 370z right next to me, I accelerated, he accelerated. Lets just say that during 5 miles we were going 150-160 mph at 2am. My exit was coming up so I slowed down, right before I got on the exit I see two state trooper cars with lights flashing going 100+......I guess they were trying to catch up to me and the 370z lol

I hope he got away.

Rotaryknight

Glad you're doing better Cambo. Secondly thanks for the warning about the Triple Steak Stack. I'm enjoying Toxic Hell at the moment but I keep it simple with burrito/taco supremes. The Cinnabon Delights are truly delightful for a temporary blast of sugar and fat that causes the immediate hardening of arteries.

So, I'd like to start this story off that I wasn't running from the cops when this happened. I know the forum rules and I advocate that people always follow the law while never run from the police.

However, about a month ago I was on my way to church in the morning. Late service at 11:30 of course. My usual routine is to enjoy the power and acceleration of my bike when I get on the freeway on ramp. Typically I will hit triple digits by the time I get to the meter lights (stoplights to control traffic flow). It's about a quarter mile and the way I look at it there is nobody to my sides, if I were to crash the bike and I would slide to a stop before the freeway merging area, so relatively low risk for injuring others and myself.

Anyway I'm getting to the bottom of the on-ramp slowing down to about 75 by the time I merge and stay with the flow of traffic which is right between 70-75 (we are all speeding). I look over to my left and 4 lanes over is a silver Avenger/Challenger/Charger (I can never tell the difference nor care to). I know this is an unmarked car because to be honest all the unmarked police cars in AZ have illegally dark window tint and the radio/satellite antennas on the trunk. So as I merge over I'm eyeing this car down and kinda staring him down, like what are you gonna do about it. I keep going down the road and at the next on-ramp that is coming up a group of cars are going to be merging in front of me so I accelerate up to about 80 and get over a lane to avoid the cars. Next thing I know I can barely hear the siren from my noise cancelling ear buds and music. AHHHH Shhhh, I'm lit up. I quickly dive over off the road and may or may not have not left enough room between the cars I went through for the police car to get over. I stop on the side of the road and look back, NO cop car. I wait a little longer and look ahead of me to see if he pulled over ahead of me. Nope. So I immediately go up to the next exit and get off the freeway then take surface streets up to the church. I called my friend who works for AZDPS and he said that likely the guy either wanted to scare me or he was off to a call. He would have stuck on my ass if he really wanted me to pull over. I was scared though until I talked with my friend because I thought maybe I ducked the pull over.

I hate unmarked cop cars. Not because I cant tell a difference, but because they drive like dumbasses. They would tail gate the hell out of the car in front of them like 2 feet off their bumpers, they would randomly go 80+ mph and then all of a sudden slow down and tail gate again. These are Jersey unmarked cop cars btw

ssky0078

I hate unmarked cop cars. Not because I cant tell a difference, but because they drive like dumbasses. They would tail gate the hell out of the car in front of them like 2 feet off their bumpers, they would randomly go 80+ mph and then all of a sudden slow down and tail gate again. These are Jersey unmarked cop cars btw

They do the same thing here to entrap drivers/riders for higher dollar tickets. I've heard of them getting up next to people and boxing them in, forcing them to make illegal lane changes around snow birds. They entice people to race them (or mainly you are trying to get away from what seems like an erratic driver then they say you are racing).

Honestly if the point of patrol vehicles is to maintain safety on the highway then having a marked car makes everyone slow down. Instead they play hide and seek while thinking if they just camoflouge themselves in an umarked car they will witness drivers in their natural habitat like nat geo. The silly thing is in AZ about 90% of the roads can be driven at 20mph over the posted speed easy. They are almost all flat, in good condition without any weather to slow a person down. Ohh and they almost all go in a straight line

F

fz8kansas

The spring of 86 I was going to meet friends to go the the KC Royals home opener the year after they won the World Series. I had an Intercepter 500. It was about 7:45 in the morning and was sitting front row at a light. It changed and I accelerated briskly. I get a few blocks up the street and notice that the on coming cars are all pulling over and stopping. I look back and here he comes. I pull on to the first side street and he follows me. I stop and he stops behind me. I get out the wallet and he walks up to me and thanks me for not running off. He told he was not taking radar and that he saw me come across the intersection with the front tire about 6 inches above the street. I was supprised because I never realized it was off the ground. He said that he estimated that I was doing 70 in a 35 but since he was not able to pace me and had not caught it on radar could not prove it. So I got an exhibition of acceleration. Went to court a few weeks later and got sent to a one day driver's school. No fine, $35 for the class and no points!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
The spring of 86 I was going to meet friends to go the the KC Royals home opener the year after they won the World Series. I had an Intercepter 500. It was about 7:45 in the morning and was sitting front row at a light. It changed and I accelerated briskly. I get a few blocks up the street and notice that the on coming cars are all pulling over and stopping. I look back and here he comes. I pull on to the first side street and he follows me. I stop and he stops behind me. I get out the wallet and he walks up to me and thanks me for not running off. He told he was not taking radar and that he saw me come across the intersection with the front tire about 6 inches above the street. I was supprised because I never realized it was off the ground. He said that he estimated that I was doing 70 in a 35 but since he was not able to pace me and had not caught it on radar could not prove it. So I got an exhibition of acceleration. Went to court a few weeks later and got sent to a one day driver's school. No fine, $35 for the class and no points!

In court, I would have said "Screen shot or it never happened!"

cambo

Avid Rider
Cambo....This is/was filmed in my backyard literally :). It is 20 miles from my house.

ahh lucky bastard! I swear I need to move out west.

I'm super stoked...I'll be on two wheels again shortly, sadly not on a motorcycle...but back on a mtn bike. Found a killer deal on a tricked out santa cruz...can't believe nobody outbid me. No more riding this piece of shit road bike and dealing with cars and tiny ass tires... I'm ready for some sweet jumps into trees!!

How are you doing man? All healed up? You were the one that ditched the fz8and went to the super moto right? I can't remember...

DSmith

A buddy of mine got a destruction of town property ticket for doing a burnout in his camaro. How burnouts destroy the road, im not sure..?
I never heard of exhibition of acceleration but it sure sounds like fun!

pigdog

in the 70s i ran out of gas at the top of whites hill in marin county ca. i knew how far it was to the nearest gas station (2mi.) so i clicked into neutral tucked in & held on. well here comes a chp car all lit up, sirens & all. was i going 60mph? yup. did i stop? nope. i pulled up to the gas pump & got read the riot act. i signed the ticket, told the judge what happened & got off with a warning.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
in the 70s i ran out of gas at the top of whites hill in marin county ca. i knew how far it was to the nearest gas station (2mi.) so i clicked into neutral tucked in & held on. well here comes a chp car all lit up, sirens & all. was i going 60mph? yup. did i stop? nope. i pulled up to the gas pump & got read the riot act. i signed the ticket, told the judge what happened & got off with a warning.

My hero!