Hi From Brisbane

kjonas75

Hi,

Got a 2011 FZ8 a few weeks ago in Brisbane (11K with 6% over 4 years).
Already got a Graves exhaust with K&N filter and Oggy Knobs.

I haven't ridden in 7 years, but had an easy time picking it up again on the FZ8.

Love the midrage power, and the exhaust note with the Graves Carbon is amazing (loud). Really a great bike (especially for the price).

Used to ride a Suzuki 2000 GSXR 600 and a 1998 Marauder 800.

I picked the FZ8 as it seems to be a great all rounder (wide power band and great looks).

I m currently looking at converting to a 1 seater.

Kjonas75

C

Camo

G'day mate, welcome back to bikes and to the forum.
I'll try not to hold it against you for being a Queenslander... It's not your fault ARL refs are on the QRL's payroll and Greg Inglis is from south of the boarder :D
Enjoy the new ride, rubber side down

ashalto

Good to hear u got fz8

I'm ashwin, just going to finance approval for the fz8n...just scared to finalize the bike... A bit scared whether it is too aggressive for city and bit concerned to know whether it will be good to have long rides with my wife... Maybe redcliffe, Gold Coast ... Please share the experience!
Thank you

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I'm ashwin, just going to finance approval for the fz8n...just scared to finalize the bike... A bit scared whether it is too aggressive for city and bit concerned to know whether it will be good to have long rides with my wife... Maybe redcliffe, Gold Coast ... Please share the experience!
Thank you

Wait and do more research. Too big an investment to be so uncertain.
I personally don't like going two up on this bike. I mean, look at the pillion seat.
Also, there are "cities" and there are "cities". If the streets are congested enough to keep your speed below 45 mph all the time then the FZ8 is probably not the right bike. Is the bike tall for you? A lot of stop and go traffic makes it a pain for short legged riders like me. The power delivery is friendly, so as long as you don't ride like a squid on ecstasy you should be ok with the power.

Last edited:
F

Fazed

Thank you

Don't worry, this bike is alright for the city. There are no big surprises in the power delivery and it's a real smooth engine. I commute nearly everyday on mine.

I would upgrade the shock to an FZ1 or aftermarket shock if you plan on doing alot of rides with a pillion.

C

Camo

I personally think the bike would be great for the riding and areas you're talking about...as long as you plan to do it solo.
This bike is not pillion friendly IMO. You can ride two up but all day with a normal sized human on the back and that human is going to wanna stab you.

The engine is as tame or as lively as you make it. Go ahead and test ride one but if you plan on riding double regularly, take your pillion with you to test ride bikes.

ashalto

i am very new to these powerful bikes and i really dont wanna buy something like 600 and then think of something more powerful, thats y i am going for fz8 and i loved the test ride....i wont have pillion all the time though...maybe once in 2 weeks a 50 km ride or going to city , i hope for that the shock wont be a problem...please sahre experience

ashalto

I personally don't like going two up on this bike. I mean, look at the pillion seat.
Also, there are "cities" and there are "cities". If the streets are congested enough to keep your speed below 45 mph all the time then the FZ8 is probably not the right bike. Is the bike tall for you? A lot of stop and go traffic makes it a pain for short legged riders like me. The power delivery is friendly, so as long as you don't ride like a squid on ecstasy you should be ok with the power.

thank you for that..i am not tall as u said and i found the foot rest is hitting my leg ....but which bike i can buy with almost same quality? the main reason im buying this bike is coz its not on special for 10k and most 400 and 600 and same priced or more...i am very confused..

Last edited:

Brocky

thank you for that..i am not tall as u said and i found the foot rest is hitting my leg ....but which bike i can buy with almost same quality? the main reason im buying this bike is coz its not on special for 10k and most 400 and 600 and same priced or more...i am very confused..

If you're still looking let me know as i'm in Sydney too. I bought the FZ8S in June 2012 and still getting used to it (10yrs without a bike!)

Cheers
Anthony

RnR

:welcome: Kjonas75. If you're looking to convert to single seater ... you may want to just put a rear seat cowl on it. Just a thought.

sirocks

Thank you
I went from a Yamaha YZF125R to my FZ8, I commute on it everyday, in city traffic. I go for solo rides most days off, longest at the moment has been 500ks, absolutely love it, such a good bike, as others have said, its up to you how aggressive or subtle the bike will be, you can really fang it or it is mostly happy to trundle along in traffic. I am short, 5'6", ish, I haven't had any issues with it, but yes the footrest does hit the back of my leg at stand still, but I just re position myself and get on with it. Awesome fun bike, I preferred it over a street triple.

stormin1

Hey good to hear you are happy with your choice I just got mine last month 2011 FZ8s very happy with it I am 5ft 4in live around the Hunter Quarry

Jubby

Hi kjonas75,

How is the bike going.

I am in a very similar situation to yourself a little while ago. Just picked up a 2013 model also not ridden in a long time howver this bike is dream on the road... maybe a little soft in the suspension but in the process of fixing that!!!.

Mate i am trying to get a coupe of local FZ riders together for a social meet on weekend ride at some point in and around Brisbane would you or anybody else on this page be keen.

kjonas75

I made the mistake of buying a used Jeep (Diesel Cherokee KJ), and kept me busy while I fixed all the issues.

I still have my 2011 FZ8, but only has 17000Km. I still love the bike, but I don't get enough time to ride it.
This bike is extremely reliable and the power delivery is very smooth.
Happy to try and catch up with people in Brisbane.