Heyup from Canada

chr1s

Hi all, Soon to be owner of an FZ8 so joined the site. I'm new to Canada, coming from the UK, been riding since '92 (legally!) but as new to Canada have to do my bike test again.

Been looking at 2011 prices...was quoted $9500 out the door by my local Canadian dealer....But i see the American lads and lasses getting deals of $7500 out the door...why is there such a big difference, any logical reason?

Cheers, Chris

yes you get screwed on pricing in canada! thats pretty much it! i am about 4.5 hours north of you!!! i will search for the add again but i did find a great find on a fz8 brand new for $7500

chr1s

New 2011 Yamaha FZ8 Motorcycle For Sale In LOUISEVILLE QC - autoTRADER.ca

there is the link the bike is way up by montreal! sorry ... but there are quit a few 2011 fz8 close to you asking under 9 u should be able to talk some of them into a deal! if you need help finding one let me know!!

Ta for the link. Yeh bit far but also an ex-demonstrator.
I had a look at others on autotrader and none are better than my local dealer really. I'm assuming the prices listed on autotrader are plus taxes?
My dealer has the 2011 listed as $8500. He wants $11200 out the door for the 2012 anniversary model :eek: and as much as i like them colours....nah:p

D

Deleted member 438

Hi all, Soon to be owner of an FZ8 so joined the site. I'm new to Canada, coming from the UK, been riding since '92 (legally!) but as new to Canada have to do my bike test again.

Been looking at 2011 prices...was quoted $9500 out the door by my local Canadian dealer....But i see the American lads and lasses getting deals of $7500 out the door...why is there such a big difference, any logical reason?

Cheers, Chris
Welcome friend, can't you guys come to the states and get 'em? I can't see DOT being that much different.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus

Cheers, Chris

Its crazy how similiar the USD vs CAD are, yet the prices are so much more in Canada. On the canadian yamaha website, msrp for a 2011 FZ8 is $10,499. But on the US yamaha website, msrp for a 2011 FZ8 is $8,490. I guess the simple answer is supply and demand.

Although, with shipping/frieght costs, I am not sure it would be worth your time or money to get one in the US. That is unless you get a deal like I did. I got a 2011 FZ8 with 300 miles for $6500. Mine was from a private sale. (The previous owner had back problems and couldn't ride anymore, so he had to sell).

Maybe do some research and see how much it would actually cost to transport one to you from the states and go from there. Good luck.

H

Hoover

Welcome Chris. Fellow Brit a few miles south of you in Wisconsin. :welcome: