Helmets??

tennvol11

I have always been a fan boy of Shoei helmets and have never tried anything else. What other brands do the peep's of this site like. I am in the market for a new one and was thinking of a Bell Vortex? Thoughts??

npeifer2308

I bought an Icon Airmada last summer and love it. It is light weight and really comfortable(it has a super soft interior lining). It also vents extremely well.

I was also looking at Bell helmets but they did not fit my head right, but I hear they make some nice helmets as well. Specially ever since they revamped their entire line-up a few years ago.

Bajaedition

got a new lid last May
looked at a lot of brands
best bang for the buck I found

Shoei GT Air

has the best fir and finish I could find and is extremely quiet plus has a flip down internal sun shield

FastZ8

I've always been a fan of shoei.Like the looks and design.I used to have one and more than likely will purchase one again in the future.

Last edited:

Vhutchinson

I picked up the Reevu MSX1 last week and so far it's pretty sweet. I have had two shoei helmets and decided it was time for a change. The mirrored visor takes getting used to because it feels like information overload initially but it grows on you. It's a little bit heavier that my shoei but it fits nicely and looks pretty sweet

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

onesonofamitch

I have always been a fan boy of Shoei helmets and have never tried anything else. What other brands do the peep's of this site like. I am in the market for a new one and was thinking of a Bell Vortex? Thoughts??

I currently have the vortex and its ticks all the right boxes, except the quiet one. It breathes great, is comfortable, not too heavy (for a snell rated helmet), has cut outs inside for a bluetooth (part of what makes it noisy), has the same shields as the rs-1 and star, not bad looks, and is fairly cheap (got mine off motorcyclecloseouts.com for $90.

I do wear earplugs when I ride and that quiets everything down.

BMXkruzer

I've heard Bell helmets are pretty loud but have never tried them myself.
I have a Scorpion EX500 and love it price is right it's fairly quite and has an internal drop down shield which is nice when commuting so that I don't have to cary an extra shield with me.

MotoZen

I have a scorpion exo-1100 and really like it for the price. I got last year's graphic on clearance for $250 and it's pretty good. I haven't had many helmets, but it seems fairly quiet to my limited experience. The shell is a little large, which gives you a little bit of the big head look, but it's balanced well and feels pretty light.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

F

fz8kansas

I have an Icon Airmada. Breaths well and fits great. Does not seem to be to heavy. Noise is not a problem.

9 Lives

I have the Bell Star with the transition shield, nice helmet but not quiet, I also wear ear plugs so noise is not a issue for me. What sells me on a helmet before anything else is the fit and of course the safety rating. Bell is also starting a custom fit program where they use 3D imaging to fit the helmet specifically for your head, its going to be expensive when they introduce it but I am sure the price will come down after a while if it takes off. If noise is an issue for you then a Bell is not a good choice, they do have an excellent shield system and their air ventilation is one of the best.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnWQ8txrIqs"]What is the Bell Helmets Custom-Fit Star Carbon? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

cmurder

Pillion
i have a bell Vortex ,, great helmet specially for the cash ,, like stated previously not the quietest out there but very well vented ,, if you fill the headphone cut outs it does get better

tennvol11

i have a bell Vortex ,, great helmet specially for the cash ,, like stated previously not the quietest out there but very well vented ,, if you fill the headphone cut outs it does get better[/QUOTE

Thanks I will probably go with the Vortex, I like it!

troublemaker

I brought a exo 1000 only paid $100 from sportbiketrackgear.com. I like have they have closeouts. But my favorite go to site is Revzilla. But I learned that can use any kind of cloth to wipe down your shield, well I was searching for a clear shield. No site had to order online. Then I was looking at the closeout helmets on sportbiketrackgear.com and found another exo scorpion 1000 for $54.

So since the shield alone was $40 no brainer to just get the helmet. So now I have a second helmet which is good but bummer for me is the same helmet and I paid more for the first one. But in all its still a good buy. I like the drop down sun visor and its easy to change the lens out in seconds with pratice of course.

DSmith

I think you should go with one of these. They look great and you can put stickers with witty sayings all over them.