Helmet Reviews: Post your "LID" and how you like it.

Mint

To be honest its only rained here about twice since last november...lol....i did get caught in it coming home on thursday morning...and it seemed fine....but maybe it starts leaking if your in the rain longer.....i used to ride right through the winter because I never had a car, but gone soft nowand bought one....so hopefully I wont be in the rain too often anyway.:)

Tiffy

To be honest its only rained here about twice since last november...lol....i did get caught in it coming home on thursday morning...and it seemed fine....but maybe it starts leaking if your in the rain longer.....i used to ride right through the winter because I never had a car, but gone soft nowand bought one....so hopefully I wont be in the rain too often anyway.:)

I need to come to Perth!:D

e11charlie

Brand: Bell
Model: Vortex 2013 Flying Tiger
Size: Large (most helmets I have worn x-large)
Safety: DOT, SNELL M2010
Finish: Matte
Price: $175

Well had it for a couple of days and wear it for work. I am a home health nurse so I am constantly on my bike. So far it fits real good. No wobble. At high speeds there has been no buffeting. Wind noise is the lowest of any helmet I have had (Nolan, Scorpion, AFX, various Bells, Bilt). Airflow is phenomenal even at low speeds. Being in traffic all day that just rocks. Cushions are easily removable and washable. Lots of options for shields. Comes with a 5 year warranty. Have not found any dislikes as of yet.

DanS

Commuter
Brand: Bell
Model: Vortex 2013 Flying Tiger
Size: Large (most helmets I have worn x-large)
Safety: DOT, SNELL M2010
Finish: Matte
Price: $175

Well had it for a couple of days and wear it for work. I am a home health nurse so I am constantly on my bike. So far it fits real good. No wobble. At high speeds there has been no buffeting. Wind noise is the lowest of any helmet I have had (Nolan, Scorpion, AFX, various Bells, Bilt). Airflow is phenomenal even at low speeds. Being in traffic all day that just rocks. Cushions are easily removable and washable. Lots of options for shields. Comes with a 5 year warranty. Have not found any dislikes as of yet.
It goes perfectly with the paint scheme on your bike!

97audia4

Fly Racing Trekker
I got this helmet bc its light weight and breaths really well. Around town riding and stop and go commuting its the best along with hot days on the back road twisties. I have had it up to triple digits speed wise and the visor didnt really effect anything at all. I like it and for $140 its worth it. Visibility is better than my $500 Scorpion

Bajaedition

Just got a new brain bucket today

Shoei
GT Air
XL
Antracite
540 clams

wow this thing is quiet and light.
the inside flip down visor is a nice feature so you do not have to wear sunglasses.
and the amount of air moved through the shell is amazing

I was wearing a RF1100, which I loved, but it was 5 years old so I went in looking for what was new. Salesman showed me this claiming that it moved twice the air my RF1100 did and then I saw the flip down inner shield. Well it was a 2 hour ride home during which time I decided it was worth the extra money over a new RF1100, it is a lot quieter.

131FZ8

Kabuto "Dragon" Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black)

I have a Kabuto Dragon Helmet in Matte Black. Fits good and looks cool too.

Mike

amccowan

I have a Bell Revolver (matte black)
Pros:looks pretty cool for a modular, built in retractable sun visor, never ever had any fog issues!, ventilation is great, price was around $150cdn two years ago when i bought it.

Cons: Noisy as hell cant hear anything for wind over 80kmh(50mph), little on the heavy side at just over 4lbs, visor doesnt seal all that great throwing varying amounts of wind right in my eyes, chin strap had a nice little magnet instead of a snap to stop it from flapping around magnet is now gone and chin strap tends to loosen as i ride(very annoying).
Have been looking around at Shoei Qwest helmets i have heard they are very quiet and from trying one on i can say it fits great and the quality feels quite a bit better than my current lid, got one priced up for $400cdn taxes in just saving up the funds now

PsySquad

HJC RPHA-10 Evoke

Currently wearing an RPHA-10 , Evoke graphic

From a previous owner of an rf-1000, I was Shoei all the way, but the new rf1100 graphic designs can be quite pricey. So I looked into the RPHA-10 from HJC, Well this aint your average HJC helmet. Ive tried other cheap ones as a comparison like the cl-16 and this is a night and day difference, not even the same galaxy. The padding is very comfortable and the pinlock visor really reduces the wind noise. If I could make one complaint is that I bought a medium. The small was to small which is a different shell size in the RPHA line where as the medium is the next shell size that is shared between medium and xtra large. So now if I want tighter pads for the medium they are not available, nothing thicker comes as an option to swap out, so buyer beware. I would recommend this helmet to anyone, its pretty damn nice and the paint work is 10/10:2cents:

iheart2drift

I just bought a Shoei X-Twelve in Matte Black. It just arrived in the mail so I'll let everyone know how it is. Initial impression. It's very lightweight.

goonanc

Just got a new brain bucket today

Shoei
GT Air
XL
Antracite
540 clams

wow this thing is quiet and light.
the inside flip down visor is a nice feature so you do not have to wear sunglasses.
and the amount of air moved through the shell is amazing

I was wearing a RF1100, which I loved, but it was 5 years old so I went in looking for what was new. Salesman showed me this claiming that it moved twice the air my RF1100 did and then I saw the flip down inner shield. Well it was a 2 hour ride home during which time I decided it was worth the extra money over a new RF1100, it is a lot quieter.

GTAir White. Love it. 2nd with the internal visor, 1st was an old Caberg V2 from England. Mrs swear by Shoei, wbw reviewed it nicely. Pricey, but worth it so far

HAHA NO!!!

HJC FG-17. $189. Salesman told me its one of the few helmets out there in xl thats both Snell and DOT approved. It feels good. It has an extra shield that prevents fogging.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

ssky0078

I am currently using an HJC CL-Max III, modular, in silver. This was the helmet I had on when I went down the first time. I have not replaced, you can begin chastising me now, but I took the liner out and there was no damage to the foam inside so, in theory it's still good. The fit is a little too big at an XXL and I should have an XL. The padding has steadily deteriorated over the last 5,000 miles and it is probably time for a new one. I have put 19,000 miles on with the helmet so I don't know how long a helmet should last, but as I'm writing this, I think next's months motorcycle expense will be a new lid. Thanks for the thread and I appreciate the reviews.

View attachment 2479

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I am running an HJC RPS10 and I couldn't be happier. It was less than $300 and it is more comfortable for me than an RF1100. The top vents are amazingly functional. And the party piece is the pin lock anti-fog insert. It works incredibly well. I never have to lift the visor at lights on cold days. Getting a solid color (flat black, in my case) saved a few bucks as well. The visor locks in the middle which is nice because on my exo700, if I looked back a certain way at highway speed, the visor flipped up on me. Scary as filth flarn filth. Right after I bought it, they started painting the rps logo on the forehead instead of gluing an hjc logo there. Glad I got it when I did. That sticker comes off. The paint won't.

F3NIX

I love this helmet. Love the modular face mask, a little wind noise, but with new exhaust you dont notice it much ;) Cant beat this one for $200 buucks. The Built in flip down sun visor is bad ass, Makes you feel like a fighter pilot! I would highly recommend this helmet.

Bell Revolver Evo Matte Black Full Face Modular Helmet

We locked our R&D team in the laboratory and didn't let them out until they had taken the Revolver helmet and turned it into a truly class leading modular worthy of the Bell name. When our engineering team finally emerged, the result was the Revolver EVO. With improved features like a redesigned eyeport seal to reduce wind noise, new chin curtain to keep cold air out, and an improved flip down sun shade, the Revolver EVO has truly taken Bell modular helmets to the next level in rider comfort and performance

Item Details

- Industries first Modular helmet designed for function and performance all in one
- Internal Sun Shade offers "on the fly" protection from the sun without having to stop and change shields
- Velocity Flow ventilation system with FlowAdjust for maximum ventilation and temperature control
- Lightweight composite polycarbonate alloy shell
- Super stable aerodynamic signature resists buffeting and lift
- Integrated speaker pockets for audio speakers
- Contour Cut Cheekpads for superior fit and comfort
- ClickRelease for the fastest, easiest, tool-free shield swaps ever
- NutraFog II superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
- New redesigned eyeport seal dramatically reduces wind noise
- Removable and washable interior for maximum comfort
- Exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper (Patent Pending)
- New Chin Curtain prevents cold air from entering the helmet
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Five-year warranty
- Certification: DOT
- Weight: 1750g
- Tinted shield is not included with this item, helmet comes with clear shield

Manufacturers Part Number

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNF1ucR1Cs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNF1ucR1Cs[/ame]

Last edited:

rail

AGV AX-8 DS and Scorpion EXO-900

(Extreme Supply, The Original street and off-road motorcycle products and accessories)

(GearCulture | The Digital Magazine for Men)

AGV is great quality, vents and visor work flawlessly. It's pretty quiet I think.

I primarily wear the EXO-900 now for the built in tinted visor. Outer visor action and vent operation is pretty plasticky, doesn't really operate cleanly. They are cheaper than the parts on the EXO-400 I had. Have to make sure to press the visor tabs (there are 2) down after you close it for a good seal or it'll whistle. I guess that was the price point compromise. I hear nothing but wind over 25 mph, but it does flow air really well, you can feel the difference when the vents are open. It's a good helmet overall.

I would love to wear the AGV more for overall comfort and style, but the features of the Scorpion keep it #1 for me. When these two are done I'll go for a higher end flip up / sun visor helmet.