Heated gear

RnR

I use a heated jacket and gloves. They're from Harley-Davidson but are basically Gerbing. I've heard not quite as good as Gerbing as some suggest they are spec'ed down a bit for HD. Can't say for sure. At any rate they work great and sure lengthen the riding season.

I prefer heated gloves over grips because it keeps the backs of your hands from getting cold.

BTW a friend just has the heated vest and is thinking of going to jacket so he can have his arms warmed as well.

F

Fazed

I have heated hand grips and I love them. The winters aren't that harsh here with the lowest temp ever being around freezing point and that's a rarity which happens for maybe a whole 7 days total during winter.

n00b

Avid Rider
I went with Sedici Hotwired jacket, pants and gloves.

My only complaint is that each time you plug it in, it defaults to the off position... I wish it would just power up to its previous setting.

I rode for 3 hours today with temps in the low 30s. No problems at all. Totally comfortable.

sovde

I have the gloves and jacket liner and love them. Only problem i had was on my Triumph 1050 you had to keep rpms up to power both at comfortable setting. Have not tried yet on my FZ8 but will tommorrow. If my hands are warm I can live with the cold weather, can't remember brand but were not cheap!!

Last edited:

mckshred

Heated Grip Warmers are awesome

I have heated hand grips and I love them. The winters aren't that harsh here with the lowest temp ever being around freezing point and that's a rarity which happens for maybe a whole 7 days total during winter.

I just installed mine and love them. They help prevent some of the numbness in my throttle hand fingertips too. (The result of riding in extremely cold weather long before heated gear).

TheDogsWeed

I recommend Gerbing. I have their G3 gauntlets and use them commuting in sub 20 degree weather with no complaints. Waterproof 'em and enjoy the snow from a whole new perspective. Haven't used with the FZ8, but used them two years with a VStar 650.