Heaading Across Country on my FZ8

dbeyer

Hi Folks,

On Saturday I head out on a 16/17 day trip across the US, NY to Washington.
I've done a bit of work on the bike to get it ready for the trip. Engine Guards (leg rests), with Highway pegs - looks stupid, but I'll need them. I added a set of Rigid Industries 20211 Dually-Led Flood lights, Admore Lighting Break/Tail/Turn, Givi side cases with 3 Canisters mounted under them to hold 3 MSR Fuel Bottle, 30oz each. GPS, Power to the tank bag, Breakaway Cruise Control and a few home made things. A platform over the rear seat to hold large duffel bags and yes, even a sissy bar (made out of electrical conduit) to tie down the duffel bags. It's hard to tell there is an FZ8 under it all, but I wanted to make the bike as comfortable as possible for a 4500 mile trip.

I'll be updating my blog daily at: Throttle Across America –-- NY to Oak Harbor Washington state. and I'll keep you all updated here.

I have to thank all the folks here at FZ8-forum.com for all the helpful information while I was planning my trip.

Updates to come.

Duane

cambo

Avid Rider
Safe travels Duane! I hope to make a cross country trip one day too. That'd make one bad ass facebook album! haha

dbeyer

What a great trip!

I finished my trip on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 by dropping my bike off in Tacoma Washington to have it shipped home. I then caught the red-eye to Philly and drove back to NY from there. I have over 56,000 photos to review, I set the GO-PRO on 2 second interval and had it up on a pole at the back of my bike. The plan is to create some time-lapse videos of the trip. I'll be sorting through the details the new few weeks and updating my blog.

I could not have done the trip without the advise I received from folks on this forum. The comments were very helpful. Check back as I'll be working on a 30min video of the journey.

blog: Throttle Across America –-- NY to Oak Harbor Washington state.

Anyone what to do Alaska in 2016? I'm ready.

Duane