HANS!!

C

calscrazy

Street | Leatt® - Engineered for Performance. Protective Sports Gear

for track junkies like me i think its a good idea. how many times have you been out there and seen a someone push a little past his/her limits. about 6 years ago i had a high side at cresson and i was screaming sore in the neck and lower back for a few days. not sure this would have helped but it is interesting. for my daily commute on the 8 i think i am out. around town i am mostly just putting along in traffic. plus i think there comes a point of too much gear. i already wear helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, and dragging jeans. anymore and i should be in a bubble. not to mention how would it go with my backpack that has my shoes, lunch, laptop, etc. in it.

C

Camo

Definitely a good bit of track kit but overkill for every other day...

Guillaume

Street | Leatt® - Engineered for Performance. Protective Sports Gear

for track junkies like me i think its a good idea. how many times have you been out there and seen a someone push a little past his/her limits. about 6 years ago i had a high side at cresson and i was screaming sore in the neck and lower back for a few days. not sure this would have helped but it is interesting. for my daily commute on the 8 i think i am out. around town i am mostly just putting along in traffic. plus i think there comes a point of too much gear. i already wear helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, and dragging jeans. anymore and i should be in a bubble. not to mention how would it go with my backpack that has my shoes, lunch, laptop, etc. in it.

I up you one by always wearing my back-plate that I bought 8 years ago for snowboarding! What are dragging jeans though? I'm still looking for decent over-pants just to check those off the "safety list".

C

calscrazy

the overpants worked but a few years ago after a few several 100 degree plus summer days i said enough of that.

btw they dont look that good on me but then again she isnt as hairy back there either.................sleep well!!

RnR

I saw one of those Leatt braces in a local shop a couple weeks ago. They feel light and don't seem like they'd be a hassle to wear. Not sure if one would be overkill on the street or not. From what I hear you have to make sure they are fitted properly (kind of obvious I guess). It may be trouble to go from jacket to jacket as well.

RealoRc

I'm a new rider, and I have one.
Bought it cause I have an Ogio No Drag backpack.
I thought what would happen to my neck after landing on my backside with a large backpack. My neck can snap all the way back.

As I ordered it online, I realized that the STX isn't really compatible with the backpack. The GPX would've been more compatible but then there's no "break away" pieces.

My conclusion, waste of money for a few circumstantial injuries. Not enough evidence or R&D and testing to be worth $400 MSRP.