great ride today

Bajaedition

Great Ride Today

shot down the 10 to meet my group, about 70 miles of super slab till er met up, then we went up the Palms to Pines Hwy, Do a search on YouTube for that one guys, it is a blast up the mountain with some killer curves, After getting to the top we took the high plan to the other side ot the range and picked up a few more bikes in Mountain Center and shot down the road headed for Palomar Mountain.
PM has a killer road leading up it, it switchbacks up the mountain but was engineered to get mirrors for the Telescope at the observatory on the top up there. Well thee curves are not your average mountain roads they are sweepers set up for the oversized trucks and it makes the ride really fun. Once on top we took the back grade down, which is a normal mountain road with all those tight twisties. Past Lake Henshaw to Julian for lunch and famous Julian Apple Pie.
We took the Banner grade down, another great twisty road and ended up in Anza Borrego Desert Park, Soon we were on long straits and finally ended up on the 86 superslab headed back toward Indio. I left the group at Mecca deciding to do Box canyon rode as a shot cut and a final set of really killer twisties before heading back up the 10 freeway to my little desert town.
10 hours
340 miles
Hwys, curves, mountains, deserts
Great scenery, great roads, great friends
Hats off to my friend Bobby for riding his Road King like a real bike and embarrassing a few jap bikes
Great grub in Julian, at this point 1/2 the group went back the way we came as 3 of us went down the Banner Grade headed out to the desert.
You do not have many days like that
and in February they are really rare.

npeifer2308

Damn your lucky, sure sounds like an amazing ride, I am extremely jealous right now hah. I've always wondered, how is it riding in the desert? Haven't yet had the opportunity to ride in the desert since I live on the East Coast

Bajaedition

Damn your lucky, sure sounds like an amazing ride, I am extremely jealous right now hah. I've always wondered, how is it riding in the desert? Haven't yet had the opportunity to ride in the desert since I live on the East Coast
the desert is a wonderful place
but you have to respect it, and many of the roads are long and strait
but there in lies the beauty of it. you go through vast area to get to a place and once there you take it all in.
Do not get me wrong, I love twities, but a long stretch of desert hwy is a soul search, you pound on down letting the land fly past, you are amazed at the vastness of our country and of the starkness of the land, but wwhen you stop there is actually life all around
you see, back east there is waste all around, all of the fertile land is because there is so much waste it is just lying around, but in the desert all resources get used, so it appears to be waste land but it actually is abundant if you know where to look.
I love it