Glove preferences?

nightttime

Hey Fz8rs, quick question! Would anyone in their right mind wear mittens instead of fingered gloves on cold days? I have a pair of wicked nice mittens, but I'm afraid to wear them riding lol. It seems like when I'm wearing bigger winter riding gloves my fingers kind of act like mittens anyways. Any thinkers out there?:eek:

TorontoAlex

For about $50 for heat demon heated grips and another $50 for a little cheapo fuse box, wires and connectors, you can set yourself up with heated grips that turn off with the bike. This setup will be good to about 10 celcius for me. Anything under that I use insulated snowmobile gloves with mine and its great except i loose a bit of feeling and mobility in throttle and controls. Im currently looking for high end touring gloves that are waterproof (not breathable) and also possibly heated. I like the venture carbon and icons but have yet to try them on. Dainese and Held make a nice non heated glove that fits me nicely.

thach1130

For about 10 cents i can ride my bike into my heated garage, hopped into my warm car and enjoy the comfort of climate controlled car in cold weather.

Otherwise there's also heated glove liner if you would like to keep the same glove you've been using.

nightttime

I rode with my mittens. It ruled all. They are weather "proof" and also thin construction. Totally toasty, had no problems shifting or breaking and felt literally no wind on my hands. Love them. I ride with mittens if it's cold.

Triple6

good tip. I've never found warm gloves and usually just suck it up.
I'll have to grab some mittens if I don't grab some heated gear.