Gear Indicator Install - A little help please

AlCab

Guys, I am having problems with the programming of my Acumen gear indicator and I am hoping to get a little help from those that have installed one. Doesn’t matter if it’s an Acumen or HealTech, I think the wiring should be the same. I have everything hooked up but when I go to teach it the bike’s gears, it does not want to learn it. I followed the instructions to the letter and it does not get past learning even first gear. I would like to confirm that I have the wiring correct. I’ve narrowed the problem down to either the speedo wire or the tacho wire. The positive, negative, and neutral wires are all definitely wired correctly since the display lights up and the neutral indicator works fine.

I have the orange speedo wire from the Acumen soldered to the White wire with Yellow stripe (speed sensor wire) from the ECU loom.

I have the brown tacho wire from the Acumen soldered to the solid Gray wire (crankshaft position sensor) from the ECU loom. Below are the pics.

Those that have installed a GI, could you please confirm that I have connected the tacho and speedo wires correctly?

FYI, I have been emailing back and forth with Acumen and they say I have it wired correctly and am following the learning process correctly. They don’t know why it’s not working.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AlCab

I think I found the problem - there are TWO gray wires going to the ECU - one is in the large loom, one in the small loom. One goes to the radiator fan motor relay and the other goes to the cranshaft position sensor. I connected to the wrong one. I will rewire it tonight and confirm if that was it.