FZ8S with passenger

schnellfahrer

I'm looking for a newer bike to replace my 80's VFR.
The FZ8S is one of the bikes I'm looking at.

The thing is that I need a bike that will carry a passenger comfortably for weekend trips. We are talking 200 miles +.

What I like about the FZ8S is that it's light, relatively nimble and the engine should provide enough grunt to carry an extra rider.

Is the FZ8 the right bike for me?
The VFR does the job very well, but I want something newer.
I'm also considering the Suzuki GSX1250 and the Honda CBF1000, but being a novice rider I would prefer something lighter.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...

The thing is that I need a bike that will carry a passenger comfortably for weekend trips. We are talking 200 miles +.

What I like about the FZ8S is that it's light, relatively nimble and the engine should provide enough grunt to carry an extra rider.

I'm also considering the Suzuki GSX1250 and the Honda CBF1000, but being a novice rider I would prefer something lighter.

Honestly, get an fz1...... Same bike setup for more touring and more power and better suspension for 2 up riding. And if you just wanted the 8 because of the looks..... 90% of the parts are interchangeable.

Rotaryknight

I too would suggest the FZ1 for a 2 up. The FZ8 suspension is too soft for any long 2 up riding unless both of you weight less than 140kg or so

Last edited:

schnellfahrer

The FZ1 is weight-wise and money-wise in the same category as the GSX/F1250, the CB1000F and the Z1000SX. The FZ1 seems to always come last when compared to these bikes in reviews. The biggest issue is the lack of mid-range torque.

I guess I'll take another look at the Suzuki and the Honda, which are in my price range.

Thanks!

Suave96

I just rode over 310 miles this past weekend. 200 with my wife on back. My longest ride today. Honestly it was a bit much for both of us. I added a triboseat cover It helped her from sliding forward. I'm a fairly new rider so maybe that's why I feel like it was a bit much. The ride was in the mountains. As far as the power I thought the 8 did well. IBy brother in law lead the ride. He was on a Victory. Calls my bike a crotch rocket :)

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
The FZ1 is weight-wise and money-wise in the same category as the GSX/F1250, the CB1000F and the Z1000SX. The FZ1 seems to always come last when compared to these bikes in reviews. The biggest issue is the lack of mid-range torque.

I guess I'll take another look at the Suzuki and the Honda, which are in my price range.

Thanks!

Yes BUT all of the compare reviews say the fz1 is most thrills for $......

A full exhaust and a reflash see's 145 plus! To the wheels!

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.
Look at fz1 header system and Dyno charts.....

And you can get an older but still EFI fz1 for a little over 5k $.

But anyways, looks like you already made your choice so...... Thanks for stopping by.

krillz

I ride with my wife all the time. Buy the Corbin seat. I did for just the passenger and got the seat mounting parts from Motosport. Pricey and there are better looking seats as far as getting both but the corbin is thick and not pitching forward. That's what used to kick my A$$, her sliding into me while braking. I then put the stock seat on when just me. I thought about the Cowl but I use the seat to hold my tail bag when I go camping.