FZ8 Size

KrattigerS

Hello everyone!

I'm currently about a month away from buying a new bike. I was originally going to get Honda's CB1000r, but the price tag on the YZ8 is too good to pass up. Here in Montana I can't find a FZ8 to go sit on and get a size comparison. The Honda is perfect, even though I'm 6ft tall.

My question is whether I'd feel comfortable riding the YZ8 with me being tall?

:thanks

TorontoAlex

I find most bikes are way too heavy and im 6' 185lbs. Ktm has got it right with the 690duke. 370lbs 70hp single cylinder. Great power to weight and great fuel mileage. Ridiculously expensive at $10000+. Pay more for less! I just saw a couple of 2013 on "sale" at $9000 at my dealer. It would make a great stunt bike and has a bunch of touring gear available like the fz8. Thats my rant for the day.

Rbk001

No worries man! you will fit fine on the bike. I'm 6'4" and this bike is extremely comfortable position wise.

sirdyza

Along the side of weight

Someone mentioned that they are 300lbs. I am at about 260lbs. Did you have to upgrade the suspension, or just tighten up the spring do it well enough. We all know the suspension can use an upgrade, but I have a limited budget and have some other items that I would like to put higher up on the list (sliders, bar end mirrors, new tires - going with the 190/55 in the rear to raise it up a bit, headlight mod (I already have an extra so I can ship off one and still be able to ride - got lucky and found one for $40 used on ebay from a part out bike), LED turn signals, and the list goes on).

I have issues now where I feel like it bottoms out, so I know something needs to be done. I purchased my 2012 used from a couple, and it was the ladies bike so I can see that it would easily have the spring set for her weight. I just have not go around to trying out changing that setting.

Thanks!

Rbk001

Someone mentioned that they are 300lbs. I am at about 260lbs. Did you have to upgrade the suspension, or just tighten up the spring do it well enough. We all know the suspension can use an upgrade, but I have a limited budget and have some other items that I would like to put higher up on the list (sliders, bar end mirrors, new tires - going with the 190/55 in the rear to raise it up a bit, headlight mod (I already have an extra so I can ship off one and still be able to ride - got lucky and found one for $40 used on ebay from a part out bike), LED turn signals, and the list goes on).

I have issues now where I feel like it bottoms out, so I know something needs to be done. I purchased my 2012 used from a couple, and it was the ladies bike so I can see that it would easily have the spring set for her weight. I just have not go around to trying out changing that setting.

Thanks!

I'm 230 and put the shock at the stiffest position and doesn't seem to be a problem so far. Several "cheaper" options for upgrading, like just the spring, or you could replace the whole unit.

JDZIII

Thanks!

You can get a good set of bar end mirrors from ebay for like 20 shipped. You should start with the forks, jack your preload on your suspension up to between 7-max, find out which ones good for you.

Talk to rabbitman at affortable hid for the headlight, they've got payment plans.

Use the spanner wrench that comes with tool kit that comes with the bike or should've.

Look into shogun frame sliders, their pretty affordable.

Last edited:

myklobe

I'm 5'11" 235 lbs and the stock setup on my 2013 FZ8 rides nice and smooth for me. I haven't looked too much into changing my setup yet, but I'm sure if you find it a little squishy, tightening it up a little would be a really nice ride.