FZ8 Replacement seat

Wolf

Wearing jeans, within an hour of riding, my butt is pink and sore.. looking for a solution which will for longer rides without butt fatigue.

Give me your recommendations and justifications, plz.

Dtrain035

Shad seats seem to be the most liked, but I haven't tried one myself yet.

+1 on the Shad seat. I bought mine a couple months ago and it is night and day from the stock seat. Before I could ride about an hour then would need to pull over because the seat was killing me. I rode 2+ hours the other night and at no point did I even think about the seat. The seat is a little firmer but it is wider so it distributes the weight way better. You can install the seat in less than 30 minutes. Even less if you have an extra set of hands.

I got mine from this ebay vendor (link below) and I know others in the forum have as well. It is a lot cheaper than buying from Shad direct. It comes from France but you will receive it within a week. Also there is a coupon code on Ebay that expires tonight for $20 off. Coupon code "CMOTORS716"

Saddle Shad Comfort Yamaha Fazer FZ8 800 10 13 Moto 2010 2013 Seat Saddle New | eBay

OdinSon

I owned the stock seat, then corbin, and now the shad seat. I've put at least a thousand miles on each seat and can definitely say that the shad seat is the one to go with of the three.

Satan666

Another Help

You might also consider a set of my highway pegs. While they do not make the FZ into a cruiser, they change the seating position enough to cool the burn for a while.

Fazer 8

I have a Shad seat. I wish it was a little taller, especially at the front. It still has much the same issue as the stock saddle - it slopes to the front making it difficult if not impossible to stay back on the wider part of the seat. Might be less of a problem on an FZ-8, rather than a Fazer, with more wind pressure pushing you back. But I doubt it.

I mean, it's enough better that I certainly wasn't tempted to put my stock seat back on and sell the Shad after I got it, but not enough that I can ride all day without serious saddle pain setting in. I may be expecting too much...

Keach

Dirtroadeddie seat modification. He is on the fz01 forum and does great work. Very comfortable good looking seat with fast turn around and awesome customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmsandy77

Wearing jeans, within an hour of riding, my butt is pink and sore.. looking for a solution which will for longer rides without butt fatigue.

Give me your recommendations and justifications, plz.

Seat Concepts. You take the foam off the stock seat pan and reuse it. They send you new foam and a new cover. Get a can of spray adhesive ($5) and attach the new foam. Take that and the cover to an apoulsterer and have them put it on ($25). All said and done it cost me $175 and I absolutely love it. Super comfortable and no more forward slope. Oh, I can't recommend the Carbon Fiber sides with the Gripper top enough. It is AWESOME!