Fz8 owner gold coast Australia

Aussie

Hi guys, just bought an fz8 last week. I got to ride it for 4 days and because I do remote work, it will be sitting in the garage till I get home again in 2 weeks.
Let me just say its the first bike I've had since I sold my Harley 3 years ago and what a great machine it is to get back into biking.
Still running it in but I know it's got some power to unleash as soon as its ready.
First thing I noticed is how smooth it is and how natural it is cornering.
I've come across some good info on here so thanks for that and I hope to contribute as I get to know my fz better

C

Camo

Good to see another Aussie FZ8 owner!
Welcome to the aboard mate :)

Aussie

Well that took longer than expected. Anyway I'm back, been on a few rides with good variety of bikes and I'm happy to say my bike handled the adventures with ease. I'll be upgrading the exhaust soon I think, I like how it sounds under load from 5k up, and the sprockets will be getting changed quick too, I like the power curve but I think it could be improved by making the change one down two up.
Just deciding on which fender eliminator I'll be running, but most changes I make will always be for the common goal of making the bike lighter, faster and easier to handle. Ill do some research on the front forks, see what will be best bang for buck upgrade and rear shock will be something a bit more robust