FZ8 Jack up kit

SouthPaw88

I got an adjustable lower linkage and am planning on putting a 2007 R1 shock in, need to be careful though as jacking the rear up sharpens the handling up big time. I tried +10mm (measured from the axle straight up to the tail) and I found it quite twitchy so backed it off to +5mm and am trialing it for a few weeks. Good thing with this is that you have a good degree of adjustability which is useful if you get a shock that isn't quite the same length as the original one.

This is the one I bought, bloody good quality: 2004 2005 2006 Yamaha YZF R1 YZFR1 0 4 Adjustable Steel lowering Links Link Kit | eBay

NoNine4me

You gotta be careful about this stuff. The stock rear linkage arms are bending for some guys, so if these are not as good or better, they may have problems too. OTOH, they may be stronger and better than stock.

You also have to be careful about making ride height changes because raising the rear end causes the bike to be less stable. But for a heavier rider if you make your measurements and know where you need to be it's a good modification.