FZ8 GURU NEEDED

jaggy1021

If anybody is in the DC area, I'm in Annapolis Maryland and need some help understanding my options regarding making this thing faster. It's completely stock. I want an ECU flash that will make the bike quicker from a stop, wheelie easier, and all around faster. I dont know much about this side of motorcycling, the electronic alteration side of things.

So please, post whatever info you might have on this subject

How do I find the right guy or facility to do this for me? Who can I trust, you know?

How much does it cost?

I really don't even know what to ask, I'm so ignorant on this topic, so please fill me in!

Bagman

I posted in the other thread. Connect with BAUCE Racing. He is in New Jersey. You mail him your ECU, and he mails it back flashed. R6 Throttle tube and K&N drop-in (or similiar) and. Go do a 520 conversion when you change you sprockets. Doing +2, and -1 will definitely kill your top-end, but will surely help you wheelie and get off the line quickly.

Yosh Pipe or Vance&Hines CS-ONE Black. Those are my two suggestions as just slip-ons.

As for power mods, that's where I'd stop. In my humble opinion, you should then consider buying a faster bike than pouring more cash into trying to make it quicker if that's what you want.

jaggy1021

I posted in the other thread. Connect with BAUCE Racing. He is in New Jersey. You mail him your ECU, and he mails it back flashed. R6 Throttle tube and K&N drop-in (or similiar) and. Go do a 520 conversion when you change you sprockets. Doing +2, and -1 will definitely kill your top-end, but will surely help you wheelie and get off the line quickly.

Yosh Pipe or Vance&Hines CS-ONE Black. Those are my two suggestions as just slip-ons.

As for power mods, that's where I'd stop. In my humble opinion, you should then consider buying a faster bike than pouring more cash into trying to make it quicker if that's what you want.
I totally agree, Id rather buy an r6/r1, gsxr600-1000 type bike but cant afford it. I love this bike, just want a bit more out of it and I think your recommendations are spot on. Did you do the +2 in the rear and -1 in the front? Im concerned about the top end rpm's at highway speeds. I go pretty fast on the highways like a steady 80-85mph when traveling and that puts me at just about 6,000 rpm. How high to you think that would jump with the sprocket change? over 9,000 rpm at 80-85 mph?

Bagman

I went +1 on the front, actually to lower my RPM. The speedo is accurate too now. There is a sprocket/gear/rpm calculator out there somewhere.

A lot of my riding is highway at about 130-140 kph (basically, 80-85mph like you). I think it dropped RPMs about 600. ....Trying to picture me at those speeds... Maybe around 6400rpm. My top speed seems to be around 225kph, maybe 230-ish with a tail wind and cool air (around 140mph). And that's now an accurate reading.

I would think you'll be around 8000rpm with those sprockets.

I'll try to remember to do 140kph and remember RPM.

jaggy1021

I went +1 on the front, actually to lower my RPM. The speedo is accurate too now. There is a sprocket/gear/rpm calculator out there somewhere.

A lot of my riding is highway at about 130-140 kph (basically, 80-85mph like you). I think it dropped RPMs about 600. ....Trying to picture me at those speeds... Maybe around 6400rpm. My top speed seems to be around 225kph, maybe 230-ish with a tail wind and cool air (around 140mph). And that's now an accurate reading.

I would think you'll be around 8000rpm with those sprockets.

I'll try to remember to do 140kph and remember RPM.
Gotcha, thanks for your help

Bagman

140kph = 6000RPM on the nose. I also double-checked, and going +1 on the front sprocket makes the speedo accurate to GPS speed.