FZ-Forum Projector Retrofitting Group Buy

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Yes please. I'm interested. Cold weather and discounts will definitely force my hand to pull the trigger.

I was going to keep it to one forum, but may make it easier to do it across multiple.

Copy and pasted:

These are rough numbers, and I am still playing with them, so they aren't solid. My current price on a single projector kit is $140. First part of the group buy that I will be offering is to lower that price. I am thinking about $125. The next part of the group buy is where I think everyone is going to be excited. Current price for a single projector (basic:1 paint color maximum) is $100. I am willing to do it for $50. Add $20 for a second color paint (normally $30). Angel eyes will be my regular price, however I will install for free. Pod lights will be $20. So, most retrofits will be $175-$225 + shipping. I have never had my prices this low. Trying to help everyone out over here, by setting this up.

In order to offer this pricing, I will need 20 paid orders. $125 is only a few dollars above my cost on the kit, so I am putting it all out there for you guys. Retrofits will be scheduled in the order they are received. I understand that most people don't ride in the winter, so I am looking at starting this in the next month or so, and by the time that we got it all finished up, it would be sometime in January I imagine. Really just depends on how many orders we get. Thoughts?

MotoZen

I'm seriously considering it. It wasn't on the top of my mod list (I don't even have an exhaust yet :eek:), but that's a really good price.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
If you hit the numbers I'm interested, I'm gonna guess mine will be more though, I've got a spare that was a botch job that I'd like to see if it could be used. I'd also like to do a bit of a mod to locate the turn signals in the bucket, it's a job that I had already started but had another botch there. I'm also wanting to eliminate the shroud but keep the windscreen.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
If you hit the numbers I'm interested, I'm gonna guess mine will be more though, I've got a spare that was a botch job that I'd like to see if it could be used. I'd also like to do a bit of a mod to locate the turn signals in the bucket, it's a job that I had already started but had another botch there. I'm also wanting to eliminate the shroud but keep the windscreen.

You say botch job...what did you do to the housing? The problem with putting turn signals in the headlight is there is really not much of a good place to put them. I have some LED strips are are insanely bright that I could put in there...I have done 6", but I would use 3". Here is one that I did:

Those strips were still prototypes, the new amber strips match the amber angel eyes.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I am positive about being able to hit the 20 mark. Everyone has to weigh in on this, most likely not going to have prices like this again. In order to ensure that everyone is confirmed, please contact me with details of what you would like. I will quote you, and payment will need to be sent to me (fully refundable if we don't hit the mark). IF we don't hit the mark, I will still do the labor deal, just won't be able to offer the lower parts price, since I will be paying higher prices.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
The numbers are official. Let's start quoting and submitting payment!!! Faster we get to 20, the faster the retrofits can get done.

mikefz8

Chad....Was wondering for the group buy if I could purchase through you an FX-R 3.0 projector or the acura TL, just 1 and the cost. Looking to replace the D2s...Thanks

Mike

Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Chad....Was wondering for the group buy if I could purchase through you an FX-R 3.0 projector or the acura TL, just 1 and the cost. Looking to replace the D2s...Thanks

Mike

You're doing the install?

If you want the FX-R 3" Lens: $70 shipped (1 piece)
TL: $96 shipped (1 piece)

Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Yes I would do the install...When do you need to know?

As soon as possible. I will place the order when I order the parts for the group buy. Will also need your ship to address.

6 people have now confirmed on the group buy! Keep spreading the word, this is the lowest cost that you can get a retrofit done for.

MotoZen

Can you do the demon eye that those other guys offer?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Can you do the demon eye that those other guys offer?

I have been asked this question before. It is definitely a questionable option. Can I do it? Yes. Do I offer it? Not really, and here is why: LED's are killed by heat, and in order to get the demon eye effect, you have to put an led inside the projector. With the heat of the HID bulb, I have my doubts that it will actually last, and I have a hard time guaranteeing that the light will survive inside there. I have gotten the same effect with an angel eye behind the shroud: