FZ Forum HID Projector Retrofit Group Buy

ultimate_walrus

Not that I expect this, but what happens to those who have prepaid if we don't hit the magical 20? I imagine we'll have the choice between refund or paying an additional bump to cover the non-discounted rate? Not trying to put a hex on this, but I figure the question should be asked just in case

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Not that I expect this, but what happens to those who have prepaid if we don't hit the magical 20? I imagine we'll have the choice between refund or paying an additional bump to cover the non-discounted rate? Not trying to put a hex on this, but I figure the question should be asked just in case

That is actually exactly what I was thinking. I did talk to my supplier and he said that if we don't hit the 20, we will I quote: "work something out", so I think that I will still be able to honor the price, even if we don't make it. I would prefer to make the 20 though, to not put my supplier in a tough spot.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
18 confirmed. Only 2 more and we are set for the price. Not saying it will be over, but it won't be long. Get in on this great deal.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
19....Who will be the guy (or girl) that locks in the pricing for everyone? I am looking at ending the group buy either Friday the 25th or Monday the 28th. Please get all requests and payments submitted asap.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
That is it! We have reached the 20 minimum orders. You can still order to get in on the buy. Please contact me if you want a quote or need questions answered.

The group buy will be closing this weekend. All orders must be paid by Sunday. I will be placing the parts order Monday. Please contact me as soon as possible to close your order. Thanks everyone for a successful group buy!!

Jwood9

Darn I had been waiting to do mine untill I get a second bike around thanksgiving or early december! I guess it will be next time if there ever is !Cant wait to see all the new ones

TorontoAlex

Can you see the same as with regular lights? Just looked at this post for the first time. How does this all work? I'm looking at your retrofitsource website and I'm discombobulated.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Darn I had been waiting to do mine untill I get a second bike around thanksgiving or early december! I guess it will be next time if there ever is !Cant wait to see all the new ones

Do which bike? If you want to do your FZ6R, we can still get you in on it, and schedule you later. In fact since there are over 20 orders, it will be a while before I get to yours. Just something to think about.

Can you see the same as with regular lights? Just looked at this post for the first time. How does this all work? I'm looking at your retrofitsource website and I'm discombobulated.

Pardon for being a smarty, but no.....you see much more! Basically how it works, is I upgrade your headlights for you, after you ship your headlight to me. You re-install your upgraded light and enjoy. Simple!

TorontoAlex

Is there an order page or do I call you? I'm curious to see the different options. Just had a look at all the FZ8s you did on your facebook page. Some look small to me but I guess there's a size/space limitation. Do you have a website?

MotoZen

For those of you interested in the Bill me Later option. You will need to apply if you don't already have an account:

https://apply.billmelater.com/apply?guid=9I4VCP0C&assetId=homead

If you have a paypal account, you select the top button, and log in with your paypal to make it quicker and easier to apply. Then they will also be linked.

:( I'm still waiting to hear from bill me now about my approval... I do a lot of night riding since the 8 is my only vehicle, I NEED to get this done something fierce

Just an FYI, bill me later has a very high interest rate: 19.99% :eek: . If you already have a credit card with a better rate you can use paypal to send money and only pay 2.9% + $0.30. For a $300 purchase it is only about $9. This is what I plan to do if I go forward with this.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Is there an order page or do I call you? I'm curious to see the different options. Just had a look at all the FZ8s you did on your facebook page. Some look small to me but I guess there's a size/space limitation. Do you have a website?

Yes, motorcycle housings are small, and the FZ8's headlight geometry actually limit it more. Right now, all I have is the facebook page. Everything that I have ever done is up there.

Just an FYI, bill me later has a very high interest rate: 19.99% :eek: . If you already have a credit card with a better rate you can use paypal to send money and only pay 2.9% + $0.30. For a $300 purchase it is only about $9. This is what I plan to do if I go forward with this.

Yes, they do have a high interest rate. However, with Bill me later, any purchase over $99 is same as cash financing. So as long as you can pay it off in 6 months, you pay 0% interest.

MotoZen

Lot's of questions

Yes, they do have a high interest rate. However, with Bill me later, any purchase over $99 is same as cash financing. So as long as you can pay it off in 6 months, you pay 0% interest.

Good to know. I didn't realize that they had no interest for six months. Personally I'd still pay a few extra dollars to not have to open a new credit account, but that's just me.

Anyway, I have a few more questions that may have already been answered. I apologize if they were, but here it goes:
1) How much work has to be done after getting the headlight back from you? (i.e. mounting the ballast, trimming wires, etc.)

2) Is it possible to use dimming LEDs for the rings? I would like to get two different colors and be able to dim them in order to get the effect that I want. I know, however, that dimming LEDs can be very tricky and I'm not sure if it's even possible with an automotive kit.

3) Do they make color changing LED rings that could work with a retrofit? If so, is there a way to tie this into a future lighting kit if I were to install one? (I like the idea of a lit ring around the rims).

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the butt and thanks in advance.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Good to know. I didn't realize that they had no interest for six months. Personally I'd still pay a few extra dollars to not have to open a new credit account, but that's just me.

Anyway, I have a few more questions that may have already been answered. I apologize if they were, but here it goes:
1) How much work has to be done after getting the headlight back from you? (i.e. mounting the ballast, trimming wires, etc.)

2) Is it possible to use dimming LEDs for the rings? I would like to get two different colors and be able to dim them in order to get the effect that I want. I know, however, that dimming LEDs can be very tricky and I'm not sure if it's even possible with an automotive kit.

3) Do they make color changing LED rings that could work with a retrofit? If so, is there a way to tie this into a future lighting kit if I were to install one? (I like the idea of a lit ring around the rims).

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the butt and thanks in advance.

1) Mount ballast, run wiring harness, hook up angel eye. About an hour's worth of work. Not difficult.

2) I would have to confirm with TRS if their LED's would be dimable, my initial thought would be no, but that doesn't mean they aren't.

3) All color options are solid colors as listed only.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie

Checked with TRS, and the official answer is that it is assumed it would be possible. They do not have any technical details of their LED drivers, so they don't know what would be required to make them dim. I would feel confident saying that it would void your warranty, as they haven't tested it.

MotoZen

Checked with TRS, and the official answer is that it is assumed it would be possible. They do not have any technical details of their LED drivers, so they don't know what would be required to make them dim. I would feel confident saying that it would void your warranty, as they haven't tested it.

Interesting. This is in no way a deal breaker for me, but the added feature could have pushed me in that direction. I'll have to look around and see if I can find anything. I think it would be cool to hook them up to a full lighting system.

I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm going to send in my payment this afternoon.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Orders are still coming in. We are currently at 24 paid orders. Keep them coming!!! Now is definitely the time to get in on this.