FZ Forum HID Projector Retrofit Group Buy

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Setting up another group buy, similar like the one 6 months ago:

http://www.779cc.org/forum/vendor-s...z-forum-projector-retrofitting-group-buy.html

This time, the discount is higher. Doing it as low as possible for everyone to be able to get a great price. Reducing the price of the parts this time.

My current price on a single projector kit is $140. First part of the group buy that I will be offering is to lower that price. I am thinking about $125. The next part of the group buy is where I think everyone is going to be excited. Current price for a single projector (basic:1 paint color maximum) is $100. I am willing to do it for $50. Add $20 for a second color paint (normally $30). Angel eyes will be my regular price, however I will install for free. Pod lights will be $20. So, most retrofits will be $175-$225 + shipping. I have never had my prices this low.

In order to offer this pricing, I will need 20 paid orders. $125 is only a few dollars above my cost on the kit, so I am putting it all out there for you guys. Retrofits will be scheduled in the order they are received. I understand that most people don't ride in the winter, so I am looking at starting this in the next month or so, and by the time that we got it all finished up, it would be sometime in January I imagine. Really just depends on how many orders we get.

I am positive about being able to hit the 20 mark. Everyone has to weigh in on this, most likely not going to have prices like this again. In order to ensure that everyone is confirmed, please contact me with details of what you would like. I will quote you, and payment will need to be sent to me (fully refundable if we don't hit the mark). IF we don't hit the mark, I will still do the labor deal, just won't be able to offer the lower parts price, since I will be paying higher prices.

Let's start quoting and submitting payment!!! Faster we get to 20, the faster the retrofits can get done.

Standard Selections:

Paint Color(s) (1 color= $50, 2 colors=$70)(Standard colors please, no paint matching)
Mini D2S Projector ($125 Kit cost)
Bulb Color: 4300K (yellow tinge), 5000K (pure white), and 6000K (slight blue hue)
Shroud: Iris, GTi-R, E46-R, or Ocular (See below)

Available Options:
Pod Lights: $20
Angel Eyes: Cost varies per size: $27.50-$32.00

Bulbs: There are three options with bulbs. 4300K, 5000K, and 6000K. 4300K is like standard halogen bulbs (yellow tinge) 5000K is pure white, 6000K has a slight blue tinge. I always recommend 5000K, it offers the best visibility, with the best look.

Shrouds: The shroud is a plastic cover that goes over the lens of the projector to hide the ugly projector. Here is where you can see them all:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=30

I suggest Iris, GTi-R, E46-R, or Ocular. If you want to try a larger shroud, it may be possible, just know that it need to be swapped for a smaller shroud.

Angel eyes: Colors: Amber and White are standard, and generally in stock. Red, Green and Blue are available as well, but if they are not in stock, they are a special order, and can take up to 3 weeks. I also have some colored angel eyes, I just have to check my inventory.

Pod lights: Red, White, Blue, Yellow or green.

All prices will not include return shipping.

Once you have decided, I can quote your entire retrofit cost. Next, payment MUST be made to confirm your order and spot in line. First to confirm will be first to get their retrofit done.

Feel free to ask any other questions you guys may have.

Last edited:

PNUT

You doing other bikes besides the FZ, also do you know how to polish out scuffs in the lens cover? Went down on my ZX6r.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I think there is some confusion as to how this works. I have the same questions coming up. Maybe this will help:

When inquiring, I need to know information as far as paint colors, bulb color, and accessories and their colors if applicable.

There are three options with bulbs. 4300K, 5000K, and 6000K. 4300K is like standard halogen bulbs (yellow tinge) 5000K is pure white, 6000K has a slight blue tinge. I always recommend 5000K, it offers the best visibility, with the best look.

The shroud is a plastic cover that goes over the lens of the projector to hide the ugly projector. Here is where you can see them all:

Projector Shrouds from The Retrofit Source Inc

I suggest Iris, GTi-R, E46-R, or Ocular. If you want to try a larger shroud, it may be possible, just know that it need to be swapped for a smaller shroud.

Angel eyes, and pod lights (like previously explained) are the last options. They are not required, but if you want them, I just need color, I choose the sizing based on the shroud.

Colors of angel eyes: Amber and White are standard, and generally in stock. Red, Green and Blue are available as well, but if they are not in stock, they are a special order, and can take up to 3 weeks. I also have some colored angel eyes, I just have to check my inventory.

Pod light choices: Red, White, Blue, Yellow and green.

Once you have decided, I can quote your entire retrofit cost. Next, payment must be made to confirm your order and spot in line. Scheduling will occur in the order the quotes were paid.

Retrofits will be scheduled once all orders have been PAID. I have to be able to order all the parts at one time. The faster we get our goal, the faster we get to start scheduling.

Feel free to ask any other questions you guys may have.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Bump, 5 confirmed. In just a few days. At this rate, retrofits will be starting in a couple weeks. Get in on this low pricing. I have never had my prices this low.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Rabbit man the price sounds good but whats the turn around time on this? I ride my bike a lot

Depending on options, I can have your headlight done in 2-3 days. With shipping time added, generally a week. Small amount of time for such an upgrade. ;)

MotoZen

Do you think that the panamera or G37-R shrouds are doable?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Do you think that the panamera or G37-R shrouds are doable?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Have you seen my Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/AffordableHIDRetrofitting/photos_albums?ref=hl

The Panamera is one of the most popular shrouds that I have retrofitted. Generally, people want the double rings. I haven't done a G37-R yet, but it is the same deal, about the same size, so it won't be a problem. I can pretty much make anything fit, just how much trimming will I have to do.

master paper clip

:( I'm still waiting to hear from bill me now about my approval... I do a lot of night riding since the 8 is my only vehicle, I NEED to get this done something fierce