Forks refresh

fz830

Hi anybody know where I can get my forks refreshed with new oil and possibly upgraded springs??

Thanks in advance :)

tiki

Most bike shops can do this provided you buy some springs. Race Tech has a pretty good reputation, you can buy the springs online and have them installed at your local bike shop, or they have some people that work with Race Tech ( I had an authorized service provider in my area)

Umyaya

Just an FYI. I am in a interesting situation. The bushings for the 2011-2012 are machined into the outer fork tube so when you get up in mileage and have to do fork seals/bushings expect to replace the entire fork tube... Absolute joke and lame how they cut costs on crappy stock suspension. I have seen that they make 2013 SFK bushing kits for that year.. but not 2011-2012.

LusciousLlama

Just an FYI. I am in a interesting situation. The bushings for the 2011-2012 are machined into the outer fork tube so when you get up in mileage and have to do fork seals/bushings expect to replace the entire fork tube... Absolute joke and lame how they cut costs on crappy stock suspension. I have seen that they make 2013 SFK bushing kits for that year.. but not 2011-2012.
I'm in the same boat. Here's the dimensions of the fork bushings I pulled out of my 2011 FZ8:

Bushing set #1 (located under oil seal washer, guide bushing, 43x8x2.5):
Height - 8mm
Thickness - 2.5mm
OD - 48mm
ID - 43mm

Bushing set #2 (located in outer tube taper, guide bushing, 43x12x1.5):
Height - 12mm
Thickness - 1.5mm
OD - 46mm
ID - 43mm

I found that K-Tech Suspension has the sizes if you check out their website (if North America use Orient Express Racing, a K-Tech dealer). Through K-Tech, Bushing set #1 is GBS-010 and #2 is GBS-013. Together it cost me $49 USD with shipping instead of $600+ for Outer Tubes. I'm ordering them and will find out if it works. If I forget to reply with an update in 2 weeks (5/10/2022), send a reply and hopefully the notification will remind me.