First time back on since July '12

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
So, as many of you know, I got my FZ1 last year, and within a short period of time, she was down:

So, that was short lived...

So, I started the rebuild, and actually started the retrofitting to help with the cost of repairing her. I started a thread when I was almost done, and today, since my wife needed the car for a dr's appointment, I decided it was time to take her out.

I had to run the car home for my wife, so that is how I was going to make the swap. I went home, grabbed my gear and jumped on the bike. Such a strange feeling after so many months of not riding. I pull away from the house, and oh my word, it was freaking awesome!!! How I missed the rumble of the exhaust, and since I did the airbox mod while she was down, she is even throatier (If that is a word).

So we live in town, but it only was a short five minutes before I was hitting the long sweepers to work. Yes, I have an awesome commute. I have it on film, but with a sucky camera. I should redo the vid with my GoPro. The bike felt smoother than I remember, it was just great. Getting to a stop sign or a red light, and rolling on it up to the 55 mph speed limit was just excellent. Did a lever swap for some Pazzo's (Thanks to Uno979 from FZ6R-Forum), really improved the feel of the shifts. I missed them so much from my FZ6R to the FZ1, but I am definitely glad to have them back. It was strange that everything came right back to me like I had just rode last week. I guess that is what putting tons of miles on beforehand will do. The ride was amazing, and I realized how much I have been missing that feeling.

I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who has made my bike rebuild possible, whether it be used parts at a great price, or support for my retrofitting. A special thanks to jacobdahl (FZ1 & FZ6R Forum), who had the entire front end and stock exhaust for me at a steal. It is members like him that make me feel that the FZ Forums (FZ6, FZ6R, FZ8 & FZ1) are the best that there are. Thank you so much guys!

Oh, and yes I know, I know:

Here she is sitting at work:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
The way your bike looks on your fz1 forum thread is hard to look at! Glad to see it fixed!

Yes, it was sad to look at. Just like when Johnny No. 5 was disassembled. :(

The nice thing is that I love working on bikes, and I did all the work myself. Makes you more proud of what you have when you do it all yourself.

chodatus

Looks awesome! Where did you get the radiator side covers? I'm looking for something similar for my fazer

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Looks awesome! Where did you get the radiator side covers? I'm looking for something similar for my fazer

FZ1 stock radiator side covers. They were flat black on the '12, but I painted mine white. They don't match 100% to the Pearl White on the bike, but it is close.