Fazer Luggage Options

howattzer

HI there,

Recently purchased a new to me 2011 Fazer, in black.

I am seeking feedback on those who have outfitted theirs with luggage. Top case, and hard bags on the side, if possible. Seems to be rare to find any options online, and what I do find shows me that there is really only one or two options.

I am 100% ok with a top case and soft bags as well, as this might open the door for more options.

Thanks in advance :)

[]V[]addog

givi produces a set for the fazer 800. i was interseted in it. I went with soft side bags instead, because i hate the look of the top case on full time when i'm commuting aroudn town.

howattzer

givi produces a set for the fazer 800. i was interseted in it. I went with soft side bags instead, because i hate the look of the top case on full time when i'm commuting aroudn town.

Thanks. I have seen the Givi. I am not happy with the placement of the top case required with their side bags. One mounting rack and it puts the top case about 4 inches higher and further back than I want.

[]V[]addog

Thanks. I have seen the Givi. I am not happy with the placement of the top case required with their side bags. One mounting rack and it puts the top case about 4 inches higher and further back than I want.

yeah I also noticed that... its less than ideal.
I;d rather just get an FJR with bags for long trips and keep the fazer down on weight and luggage for the smaller trips, and twisties.

toothycardus

i have the SW Motech pannier frame and topbox rack, i would really recommend, you dont need the topbox rack to fit the panniers

Here is the profile frame that fits the V35 panniers (best looking ones i think)
Removable sidecase carrier for GIVI & KAPPA cases. Developed for Yamaha FZ8.

The last picture is the normal SW Motech panniers (non-profile) which came with bike when i got it, but then i changed them to the profile ones to fit the Givi V35 boxes

Attachments

• 604024_4686152037325_914968025_n.jpg
    604024_4686152037325_914968025_n.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 117

Skiman

I run the SW Mototech rear rack with the Shad SH40 top case and a set of large Nelson Rigg (simi soft) panniers that I put over the pillion. When I pull off the top case, just the rack doesn't look bad on the bike, in fact it really isn't noticeable (at least to me).

BigOleChalupa

I've been looking hard for the best topcase setup, and as far as I can see, the Yamaha OEM rack and case is the best looking setup. The rack is very small and minimal and will only take a couple of minutes to attatch.

The SW motech one looks horrible to me and is supposedly a bitc% to attatch.
My .02 cents,
BIGO :)

howattzer

Thanks everyone. The Yamaha one is the one for me. Will be adding a Givi box of some sort, perhaps the B47 Blade. The yamaha branded box just doesn't match the lines of the bike as well as the Blade does. Side bags will have to be put together as the need arises. If I really find myself doing a lot of touring, I will pop for some lotto tickets and all being well, pop for the FJR