Exhaust proposals?

xjcurtisx

Im picking up my first bike (2013 fz8) next week and am looking at exhausts. I'd like something pretty loud like Mivv Double Gun or Danmoto XG 1. Any input on this? Do these do anything to your mileage or performance? Any other options for these types of exhausts? Any advice for a new rider would be great as well!

Woody146

Banned
Im picking up my first bike (2013 fz8) next week and am looking at exhausts. I'd like something pretty loud like Mivv Double Gun or Danmoto XG 1. Any input on this? Do these do anything to your mileage or performance? Any other options for these types of exhausts? Any advice for a new rider would be great as well!

What's your budget is the question??

If you can afford it...check out graves full exhaust.....it will turn your exhaust into a true low mount, it will give you some awesome power gains...and it is pretty loud

For budget exhaust..Coffman, danmoto, mivv

Then slip on options which are both loud and fancy looking annnd improve power a tiny bit

Yoshimura, graves slip on, Akropovic, and I'm sure there are a bunch more in both categories but I can't think of em off the top of my head

xjcurtisx

If you can afford it...check out graves full exhaust.....it will turn your exhaust into a true low mount, it will give you some awesome power gains...and it is pretty loud

Then slip on options which are both loud and fancy looking annnd improve power a tiny bit

Yoshimura, graves slip on, Akropovic, and I'm sure there are a bunch more in both categories but I can't think of em off the top of my head

Def liking the Coffman.. I'm liking the colored tips as well..seeing as though my wheels are the blue the blue tip is going to look sick.

Thanks for the tip!

myklobe

Danmoto GP Carbon, $150 shipped from their website. Pretty loud with a nice low grumble, and looks pretty dang good for a "cheap" slip on. Carbon fiber wrapped around an all stainless case. Hand welded (and the seams look nicely done). I'm sure there are better looking ones, but I really like the look of this one... and the price didn't hurt at all :)

Woody146

Banned

Danmoto GP Carbon, $150 shipped from their website. Pretty loud with a nice low grumble, and looks pretty dang good for a "cheap" slip on. Carbon fiber wrapped around an all stainless case. Hand welded (and the seams look nicely done). I'm sure there are better looking ones, but I really like the look of this one... and the price didn't hurt at all :)

And it can be chopped down to a shorty;):sinister:..check out f z 8 c e n t r a l . C o m for more details on that...couple of members over there running them chopped that look pretty cool

SGFLTRider

Since you mentioned the price of that Danmoto, their XG-1 looks like what I'm going to go for when it comes to my exhaust mod. $135 is hard to beat, especially with the look I was hoping for (almost, and with work, an MV Agusta Brutale 1090 slash-cut).

Umyaya

Just installed a full akrapovic exhaust today with a pc5 and autotune.

Umyaya

There is a cool $2,000! Sweet! Where's pics and video

Will upload some soon.. still gotta get under tank and put in the smog block off plates. I have read a lot of people on forums saying full exhaust isn't worth it but I feel a boost in the bike even if it's placebo I don't care !

Umyaya

I would have gotten Graves but the black carbon fiber akra pipe looks sick on the black 2011 model. Also the full system isn't overly loud... I feel like loud may get annoying after awhile especially on longer rides.

bimmertech12

Since you mentioned the price of that Danmoto, their XG-1 looks like what I'm going to go for when it comes to my exhaust mod. $135 is hard to beat, especially with the look I was hoping for (almost, and with work, an MV Agusta Brutale 1090 slash-cut).
make sure you want the xg1. i have one currently.

go outside
take off muffler
go ride fof 20 minutes.

that is an xg1

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned
Dang! How do you keep yours so clean!?

What color are those forks and levers? They look darker than the gold that I have!

Windex! Lol water has never touched this baby! And a micro fiber towl.

Stock gold forks. Pazzo gold levers. Gold brake line banjos and fittings. Sato gold rearsets. Ebc xc gold hubbed rotors. Gold chain. Gold custom yamaha logos.

I like the gold! Lol

Let's see this vid of akra!

npeifer2308

I have the Mivv Double Gun and love it. It is loud but has a nice throaty sound to it. It's stainless steel, raw metal finish is really nice looking and the welding is done by hand so they all are unique in there own way. I noticed a small hp gain with it but nothing to crazy.