Exhaust Manufacturers

b-eock

Maybe a Leo Vince pipe. And there is another R6 pipe that is trumpet like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

xXAvroArrowXx

Joking aside, you mean something like this: (Jardine)

Not sure if its made for an FZ8 but I swear I've seen one like it in my web surfing sessions.

leemondo

I remember seeing a slipon looking sorta like the end of a trumpet, kinda expanding in volume if you understand what i mean.. Remember it was cheap (and simple), around $100.. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Akra full system is just too quiet :deadhorse:

Is it a Tyga?

decooney

So far so good. I've only ridden it once and have not added a Power Commander yet. I was hoping to get away without a fuel module but it seems my bike is running a tad lean even with the slip on. I'm a little biased about V&H. I use to run Yoshimura on my former sport and supermoto bikes but ran V&H on my Harley and liked it. The quality of V&H is nice like the Yosh stuff.

This time around I was originally going to buy a Yoshimura R77 Carbon but wanted a metal can instead. Also, needed something with the option to purchase a range of DB quiet inserts. V&H offers them in -3DB increments. The stock insert is fine with me. The bike is sitting now until I can get my PCV installed. Immediately noticed the flat spot from 5-6k was partially gone and a little bit of an extra snap of power 6k-8k range by the seat-of-the pants feel. Its nice. I like it so far. A nice option if you like Black.

Update-2 since adding Slip-on:
I ended up removing the AIS system, added AIS blockoff plates, installed and mapped a new Dynojet Power Commander 5 (PCV), along with making a small airbox mod to remove the restrictive horn in the airbox.

As others have said before, you can get by with just adding a slip-on and leaving the Cat installed. Once I made the airbox mod, I went ahead and capped AIS and did the Power Commander. Was it worth it for the extra small % of gain? To me, YES. The only reason I say this is the powerband is more linear with all the mods together. The bike is smoother and gains momentum easier, sort of removing notable "flat spots" I noticed in all stock form. In summary, its' not a dramatic difference, but its definitely noticeable and more fun to ride after adding the slip-on with these mild mods. I do find myself having to pay attention to hold on more than I did when the bike was in total stock form.

Last edited:

seanosfz8

hey camo, I was wondering if adding this pipe has caused any tuning changes eg fuel range, power loss or power gain : )

BigOleChalupa

??

Hello Guys , Im the marketing manager of Tiger Exhaust Systems.We have models for FZ8.

Does anyone else find this strange? The marketing manager of Tiger Exhaust posts in the forum, but can't even be bothered to pop a link to his company/products? Smooth move....lol
BIGO

Nstr_FZ8

Question about the exhaust I want

So I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Vance&Hines.
The thing is that on every damn website, the one listed is for a 2011 FZ8 model. Should the fitment be the same for a 2012?? I think it is, but I want to confirm with u guys..
(Sorry i didnt want to start a new threat about this)

Thanks in advance :)

tony412k

yes it is the same.. i have a cs one pipe and it is by far the best sounding exhaust for this fz8.. its very unique..doesnt really sound high pitched and annoying like all the other bikes u see around..

Kimbiker

Gotta get one soon.......Scorpion factory, Scorpion Serket, Leo, Devil......lots of head scratching. I suppose on a black FZ it must be carbon but I do like the titanium, satin, stainless but not sure if they would look as good on the bike as carbon.

BigOleChalupa

....Check page 2 of this thread... Someone posted a couple of pictures with the black FZ8 and a black pipe and a stainless steel one too, if you want to compare..
BIGO

randyka

You don't have to re-map if you're just putting on a slip-on. you can...but you don't have to. It's highly recommended to re-map if you're installing a full exhaust system.

toothycardus

I have a Remus Powercone, but i really want the Scorpion Serket

Attachments

• 604024_4686152037325_914968025_n.jpg
    604024_4686152037325_914968025_n.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 85