Evotech exhaust hanger

Motogpmad

My missus got me an Evotech exhaust hanger for christmas. Upon fitting it i found the bolt holes nowhere near where they should be. I have a Akro carbon can which fits ok to the stock footrest hanger. The evotech hanger does away with the bracket that comes with the standard can (i didnt realise this was in the box with the standard can that was changed by the bike shop before delivery) Has anybody else tried to fit an after market hanger with a non standard can? Even with the original bracket i cant see it being a very good fit.

Cheers, Mark

W

WARPTH

I believe sinclap has a evotech hanger with a after market exhaust.

sinclap2

Lazy
I believe sinclap has a evotech hanger with a after market exhaust.

Indeed I do!

Mark, I did have a similar issue now I think of it, but I used and modified the bracket/strap that came with my Danmoto.

From memory:
1. I had to adjust the angle of the can a little by loosening the bracket where it meets the Cat and removing the springs from the Can's side, then twisting the pipe and Can around until it matched up or get it close to the position of the EvoTech bolt hole.

2. I "adjusted" the shape of the strap to marry-up with the position of than hanger (see after photos). My adjustment was not delicate or skilful in any way as you can tell by the after photo. I also had to dump the silicon inner that went around the inside of the strap because my "adjustment" cause some issues. It isn't pretty, but it works.

Before (with my bodge, while waiting for the hanger)

After

Motogpmad

Cheers for that mate. There is no way the hanger was going to fit on my akro can. As you can see by the pic, its way out from standard position. When i moved the strap down the can to line up with the hanger the hole was an 1/2" out. The only way it would have fitted is if i had stressed the can up to meet the hanger. This to me is not a good idea. I returned the hanger for a refund. My plan now is to get a standard rear footrest hanger, cut of all the lugs and fettle it so it just looks like a hanger, then paint it. Getting hold of a second hand part is my issue now.

C

Camo

Sinclap, in that last picture you have the strap on wrong. That's why there is a gap. Both ends of the strap should be on the one side of that hanger.
If you undid the nut, pulled the bolt out, put both sides of the strap on the right hand side, pushed the bolt back through and did up the nut, I'm betting the strap will hold tight to your can and have it all sit up neatly.

H

Hoover

:agree:
I dont see the rubber sleeve either mate. Its in the first pic but not the second. I know I fought like bugger to get my rubber back in properly when I did my D/M can, but I do have both ends of the strap on the one side of the hanger.