Eff the Q2!!! 4K miles and it's Toast!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I got sold into a set of Dunlp Q2 tires for the 8 about 4k miles ago. Never again. My chicken strip in the back is KICKIN'! I'm down to half way through the wear bar in the middle, and the edges are still fine. I'll post pics in a bit. But, the point is that these tires are supposed to be dual-compound. BS! The compound in the middle must be softer! I do live in the second or third straightest state in the Union, but I also use the maneuverability of the bike as much as I can. I have about a half-inch of clean tire on each side and bits of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and South Dakota roads ground into the feelers on the foot pegs on both sides. If you're into track riding, then the Q2 is a good budget option. If you ride on the real streets, get something else. I'm switching to Road 2's tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Q2: :gaming:

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Pics of the rear tire.

cambo

Avid Rider
haha ahh damn, I was about to say "screenshot or it never happened" but you beat me to the punch lolol

by the way, go with road 3s.

Marthy

My 09 came with Bdtone S20... I will be happy to get 4K out of the rear. 2K now and I can notice a flat spot already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cambo

Avid Rider
My 09 came with Bdtone S20... I will be happy to get 4K out of the rear. 2K now and I can notice a flat spot already.

marthy I had an s20 as a front tire (road 3 as a rear). I had a flat spot on the s20 at about 4k

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
haha ahh damn, I was about to say "screenshot or it never happened" but you beat me to the punch lolol

Ancient Chinese secret of Ty-Ming!:D

by the way, go with road 3s.

I would go with the R3, but the compound is the same and the R2 set is about $50 cheaper. The only difference is the wet traction, with which I've never had a problem. I just ride more conservatively when it's wet anyway.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
BT-023's are great for longevity. I got 18k out of my bt-021's

I got 12k out of my stock tires, but it was because I didn't check my pressures as often as I should have. Today's task: buy a compressor for the garage!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores

Check your tire pressures. Set them at what the factory recommends.

I got 19K out of my factory bt-16s. Are far as flat spot before I left for japland my S20 started showing it at about 3K. Nice trick is to get a dough roller and wrap some low grit sandpaper and holding at a slight angle and working the tire (I leave my bike at idle in 6th, try to not do it while the tire is spinning too fast cause you will get burn marks). Takes a little while but thats how i get rid of my flat spots.