ECU Flash - BAUCE RACING

Bagman

When it comes to getting the ECU flashed I know I'm late to the game, but I'm posting anyways.

This is another option for those looking to flash their ECU. On this forum there are threads about Guhl's and TurboJoe, but BOTH didn't pass the customer service test with answering e-mails to my satisfaction. After the first one or two they didn't reply anymore. Guhl's is located in Pennsylvania. Bauce is a stone's throw away in New Jersey. Guhl's wants $275! USD. Bauce, only $175 USD. I didn't even know BAUCE Racing existed until I watched a vlog of Motonosity who had his flash done by them.

The reality is unless you bring your bike to whomever is flashing your ECU where they can get it on the dyno it won't be a specific tune for your bike. It'll be a comparable, and compatible flash file from a bike with similar modifications/intentions.

So. I paid $46 CAD for appropriate shipping to them, and $200 USD (flash + shipping) for return. Basically $300 CAD total. I had him set my rad fans to 208/198 for on/off settings (he normally does 205/195), and otherwise it's all the same - including 4% speedometer correction for stock gearing/sprockets. The ECU made it back to me quickly, safe and sound.

I'll have to wait till spring to try it out, but I'm expecting it to be exactly as it's described in all the other threads. He did provide me a dyno sheet from an FZ8 he had on his dyno recently. 92bhp stock. 98 after. Slip-On, and a K&N.

BAUCE Racing

Last edited:

Torbeach

What mods do you have on your bike? What was the turn around time to get it done?

Please provide an update in the spring after you've had a chance to try it out. Will be interested in hearing if it smooths out the dip around 5000 rpm and if the bike is more livelier.

Bagman

I have a Yosh R77-D slip-on, and I'll put on a K&N air filter. That's it. I ain't cutting up the air-box, etc...

Turn around was as quick as it's gonna get. Appropriate shipping I chose was 3-day ExpressPost there; 3 days at his shop and 3 days return. No hiccups in shipping either direction. It takes these shops nothing more than 30 minutes to flash the ECU so any turn-around time they mention is just fitting in the time to do it between other jobs and among all the other ECUs being sent for flashing. Quite frankly, you can't complain with 9 day turn-around. I'm waiting longer on a regular ole purchase from Motorstarz for radiator guard.

If you haven't yet read the other threads about Guhl's. It's the same thing. Yes - it does smooth out the power-band, and get rid of that dip.