Ebay 3" CNC Bar End Mirrors

GillymanMike

Hey guys, thought I'd post some pics of the bar end mirrors I picked up off ebay for $20. They took me a second to figure out but it ended up working. The key to these is the spacers that are supposed to expand in your bars actually need to be used as extensions in order to use the factory bolt. I can go more in depth on how i did it if anyone was curious. Pretty simple though.

lyric911

Hey guys, thought I'd post some pics of the bar end mirrors I picked up off ebay for $20. They took me a second to figure out but it ended up working. The key to these is the spacers that are supposed to expand in your bars actually need to be used as extensions in order to use the factory bolt. I can go more in depth on how i did it if anyone was curious. Pretty simple though.

It'll look better if you throw away the expanding spacers, get a 10-15 mm longer bolt, and put the bar end weights back on.

GillymanMike

It'll look better if you throw away the expanding spacers, get a 10-15 mm longer bolt, and put the bar end weights back on.

Couldn't agree with you more. I feel like the bars are way to wide with those extension pieces. I just made what came in the box work for me now. Anything looks better than the stock ones imo so im happy for now:)

clemmel

Actually, I believe those silver things are an expansion piece for inside the bar if you don't already have a mount.

I've used longer bolts with the original bar weights but found that the original hex bolt will work like this. And it doesn't rust.

lyric911

Actually, I believe those silver things are an expansion piece for inside the bar if you don't already have a mount.

I've used longer bolts with the original bar weights but found that the original hex bolt will work like this. And it doesn't rust.

That's exactly what they are.

GillymanMike

Yea they are for the inside of the bar. I thought i had mentioned that in the original post. The factory bolt was too long just mounting the mirror and too short to mount both. I will just need to get longer bolts. Where should i go about getting these longer bolts ?:confused:

lyric911

Yea they are for the inside of the bar. I thought i had mentioned that in the original post. The factory bolt was too long just mounting the mirror and too short to mount both. I will just need to get longer bolts. Where should i go about getting these longer bolts ?:confused:

Fastenal is where I got mine.

ZeeKdaGreeK

Has anybody messed with the folding bar end mirrors? I just bought the same ones off eBay but they can fold in, just occurred to me how that might interfere with the bar end weights.. If anyone's done the install on the folding mirrors tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!!!

lyric911

That sort of looks like the bar end weight gets in the way of the view. Does it?

I didn't put mine on the way that clemmel did. Mine are like so:

clemmel

That sort of looks like the bar end weight gets in the way of the view. Does it?

Yes, sitting on the bike I do get a little of the bar end in the view. The convex shape of the mirror covers so much of an area behind that I don't notice it so much. If you want though, you can mount the mirrors higher or lower from the end so this wouldn't be an issue.

Either way, I prefer this much more that the "Tomok"-type mirrors I just got. Those will be going up int he sale section soon.

ZeeKdaGreeK

Ok so my update, im happy with the folding mirrors but i seem to be having an issue on with the gas sticking. The throttle just gets stuck with the mirror so until i find a solution I had to put it on the outside of the bar end weights.. Any ideas?

97audia4

Ok so my update, im happy with the folding mirrors but i seem to be having an issue on with the gas sticking. The throttle just gets stuck with the mirror so until i find a solution I had to put it on the outside of the bar end weights.. Any ideas?

Use a series of washers the same diameter as the inner bar to give it some clearence and you should be good to go.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I have the exact same bar end mirrors. Here is how I have mine setup. My bar ends don't obstruct my view whatsoever.