Dunlop Sportmax Q3

97audia4

Any on have experience with these tires? My stock tires at the end of their life and are all squared off, went for a ride the other day and it was a fight to get the thing to lean but I guess after a ton of high speed runs and long highways trips after 5500 miles any stock tires will do that, o and some of these as well [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o59eaR-Kw0"]Fz8 burnout - YouTube[/ame] help is appreciated.

Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Front Tire - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

alexk

Weekend Rider
I have a Dunlop Sportmax Q2 on the back (still stock on the front).

I can't really compare its worn-in grip due to the tire mismatch, but I can tell you this:

The sportmax q2 was massively greasier from the factory than I've ever experienced on any bike or car tire. Scrubbing it in was a harrowing experience, because the tire kept locking up under light braking, and the tail kept skipping out under me while cornering.

The experience made me a better rider by forcing me to pick better lines and to use my body lean better, but that shouldn't have happened as a result of compromised control and safety.

Worn in I've got no complaints, but the stock front tire prevents me from comparing it to the stockers. I have 4,000 miles on the q2, and it looks like it has many thousands of miles left.

master paper clip

A friend of mine recently threw these on his zx6r, says there amazing and the tire communication is unbelievable, but he did say it was a odd feeling tire at first because of the sidewall

97audia4

A friend of mine recently threw these on his zx6r, says there amazing and the tire communication is unbelievable, but he did say it was a odd feeling tire at first because of the sidewall

Ive heard that is some reviews as well, i think its because the sidewall is much stiffer.

97audia4

Miles really aren't to much of a concern since I really only do back road and twisty rides.

Kardiac996

I have the Q2's on my superhawk front and rear and are ready to be replaced.

Pros:
Grip excellent in heavy cornering
Less time to heat them up in pre ride
instill sticky confidence when flicking the bike on switchbacks

Cons:
suck in the wet.
mileage is shit if you are somewhat agressive 3.5k at best on a set. (corners)
Commuter mileage is around 5kish but the compound wears terribly compared to other tires in a similar class. Ive had a set that literally was like a point in the center of the tire and waved out to the edges. wear is not even for street riding.
overall cost to miles ration

Overall:

maybe they improved on the Q3's?

I honestly found the best overall tire over the years for street/track/wet mixed style riding is the pilot power 2ct tires from Michelin. They just came out with the pilot power 3's that apparently increase the mileage up to 8k miles which is pretty impressive and i plan on picking them up for comparison.