Dude magnet

mrthompson

Tammy, seriously? Have you taken the 8 to curvy roads and leaned her hard? Come in to a corner way to hot, felt the rear let go and leaned her over with confidence. And live to tell? Did you find where the top end is or how she dislikes hard gear downs. Have you run her so hard for so long that black soot is on the outside of the muffler? Have you found the edge of the front brake? Have you gone past the edge to feel her losing her contact patch? Do you like how the back end loses traction on hot entry...yes? Then it's time to move on.

I kinda felt like her to. Lol. The bike is such a cruiser. Don't get me wrong it moves well. It just isn't the power machine I thought it was gonna be. The good part is there is room for improvement from it so it keeps me interested. So after a get a pcIII, exhaust, and modify the butterflies the jury will be still out for a verdict.

Tammy

that's my new ride as you can see the 8 is in the back lol.
been at this riding stuff for 39 years and most of it on black top. Fun bike but not the kind of power to keep you happy for more then a day.
doing 70 miles of rock you would not walk on is just crazy fun and your skills are being tested 100% of the time no easy ride in the Mt i ride...

last street bike was 2 years ago i did 85k miles on it in 2 years and the only time i was really happy was when i was on dirt.. + when i ride i ride hard I'm a grandma now and don't need to be riding like a ass and its hard to not do that on a bike like this...

My heart is in the woods more then the street right now....

It will get me to work and it will be my winter bike tho i don't think it will be fun in the snow as much as my other bikes are lol...

mrthompson

yeah i agree on the fun in the snow and woods comments. i am a converted over atv rider. if they made and allowed i would be buying an atv to ride everyday. but until then i will ride the streets.

on a side note i did pick up a 85 350 xr. it is some what of a project but i have to learn to work on them at some point and time. it will also be the first time for me kick starting. so far just messing with it, SUCKS. lol

C

Camo

I kinda felt like her to. Lol. The bike is such a cruiser. Don't get me wrong it moves well. It just isn't the power machine I thought it was gonna be. The good part is there is room for improvement from it so it keeps me interested. So after a get a pcIII, exhaust, and modify the butterflies the jury will be still out for a verdict.

You sure it's a cruiser? It's no R1 but there's plenty of performance to squeeze outta the stock engine....is the room for improvement in your skills or the bikes power?

Each to their own I guess but I don't think it would have mattered what type of road bike you bought Tammy. After 39 years of playing in the mud, you don't stand much chance of finding the same thing on the road.

mrthompson

To me it really feels like a cruiser. Not a sit back Harley cruiser, but a a sport touring. Its a comfortable bike that really doesn't seem like it needs to be pushed. That was the thing with my r6s. When I got on it I felt like I just had to crack into the throttle and pull the front wheel off the ground every chance I got. Just like if I was out hitting the curves I had to really hit them hard. The fz8 just doesn't feel that way. When I crack the throttle on it the back tire just wants to spin. So far hitting curves with it seems more stable. But not the same probably because of the sit up stance. Like I said it ain't that I don't like the bike.

Tammy

no the dirt is new only 3 years now but there is something about it that took over and its all i think about...

Funny thing is 4 years ago at a ride i do every year one of the off road guys told me he would never have a street bike. He said dirt was safer and way more fun at a lower speed and cost less money. I told him he was crazy, i ride every day you ride once how is that better...

I'm not putting the FZ8 down its a fun bike just not the kind of bike that fits my riding right now..

This was a fun day

Sebastian f7

Ugh thats sacrilege! FZ in the mud. :(
If the FZ8 is anything like the fz1 there is TONS of power to be made that it didnt come with. The fz1 comes stock with 147 bhp open it up and you are in the 180 range... And if the 8 is still not fast enough, well find a fz1 powerplant and shove that in. KTM adventure is such a hideous beast :p

But everyone who rides em loves em.

V

Vapordan

I have to agree with you tammy, trail is more fun. I had a blast a couple months ago on a trailing session. However, that shit don't work with my bad back at all. but i found 20 km of curves in a secret spot last week and that's where heaven is. riding hard on the edge of tire? aint nothing better than that. why would you put the 8 in the mud though? my 8 has never seen water, except a damp cloth. i'd rather sell it than ride it in a puddle. :D

FZER

Avid Rider
no the dirt is new only 3 years now but there is something about it that took over and its all i think about...

Funny thing is 4 years ago at a ride i do every year one of the off road guys told me he would never have a street bike. He said dirt was safer and way more fun at a lower speed and cost less money. I told him he was crazy, i ride every day you ride once how is that better...

I'm not putting the FZ8 down its a fun bike just not the kind of bike that fits my riding right now..

This was a fun day

I think you've got my vote for the CRAZYIEST AND MOST STUPID thing I've seen on this forum. Really!!! a 9 grand bike, A STREET BIKE, in the mud????? One good bump with the zero dampening rear shock and that bike is totalled :scratch::headshake::tdown::idk::wtf:

D

DJK1505

Hahahahah post a thread about how the bike turns heads, then post how the bike sux! Awesome!

Hey everyone, I have a dune buggy that is awesome in the nascar circuit! Its such a thrill being in a dirt ride on the black top!!!!! WTF

Glad you had a good day riding the 8, and supported yamaha with another 8 grand.

DJ

Tammy

Dj don't get so up set over how I feel about MY bike.. Its only a bike
yes the bike turns heads but not mine.
never said i race it off road you should read more and post less

Don't feel bad about how I dump money on bikes i make out well..

I sold the bike yesterday. A friend is going to take over payments so I'm out 2 payments 300.00 for 4,000 miles :fiddy:

D

DJK1505

not concerned at all, just thought it was entertaining!

glad you were able to sell it.

DJ

Ignacio-Arg

Hi Tammy! Honestly? In this case I think nobody cares about the bike! I assume you must be pretty + you're riding a bike (not a commond thing) and thats the point! You can drive a scooter, and men are gonna come around you telling you "how cool is your scooter" :) lol

lance2448

I feel I should add this:

.....apparently, an SV650 covered in mud, dirt and rocks also attracts dudes....just, I'm also a dude :eek:

B

bren

U really new to ditch the gold on your bike, would look so much better without the gold

Dunno about that mate! I got gold mirrors, wheel stripes, bars, black and gold bar ends, petrol tank keyless cap, gold passenger foot pegs, rider foot pegs. Looks shit hot i reckon and people stare at it.

When im standing beside people give me compliments all the time.