DFW

DLSGAP

Does no one in the Dallas area ride anymore except for the squids on amateur nights? In the last month I've clocked over 2k just commuting and would love to do some real riding again. Did riding change that much in the past 3 years since I had my last bike?

C

calscrazy

still ride everyday to work. did a few rides already this year with dfwducati folks. also done two trackdays. currently getting ready for long haul to cali in august.

DLSGAP

I need to get out to do something other than commute. Wanna ride out to ecr in a couple weeks to hang for a bit?

C

Camo

Can you not just gear up, roll outta your garage and hit some twisty's when you have the time on your own?
If I waited to have someone to ride with, I'd only ever ride once a month lol!

C

calscrazy

here is my sunday breakfast route. sometimes i get up and the whole house is asleep, even the dogs dont move.

take 875 west out of town to 157 south to 916 west (some bumps mid corner so be careful) to 171 south to cr934 west (nice uphill blind right hander) to cr309 south (watch for farmers in tractors). go into hillsboro and eat breakfast. after breakfast just jam back up 35 to midlothian. takes about 2- 2.5 hours total. i can leave the house at 7:30 and be home by 10 when the family is starting to get moving.

it works for me because i am an early riser. my family is not!!

most importantly is leave a note on the fridge so the spousal unit doesnt panic.

D

DJK1505

Man that sucks you dont have anyone to ride with. I used to live in Bedford, used to have a good group of guys I would ride with. Not too many of us living around there anymore. I generally just head out towards the mountains here and meet up with one or two bikes on the way, if not, F***-it, I have my tunes in my helmet, and Im gone for a good 4-6 hour ride, on some bad ass West Virginia back country twisties, almost every weekend.

DJ

DLSGAP

Cal, mind taking me on that route this weekend? Looked at the map. Looks good.

DJ, i used to have a ton of riders to hit the back roads with but my 3 year absence left me hangin

D

DJK1505

yeah it sucks how fast you lose touch with people or riders if you skip even one season. Well get back out there and do some back-roadin for me. Used to love heading out towards Paris and killing it. Flat, lost of twisted roads, and no one within eye sight. Man I miss Texas some times!!!!! Good luck brother!!!!!

C

calscrazy

shoot me a pm with where u are in midlothian and i will tell you where to meet me thats close to you.

DLSGAP

Calscrazy,

Thanks for the lead Sunday morning. I need to remember I'm in Texas and wont find good corners except at the track lol.

Got the kids this weekend , but next weekend I'm going to take Lacey on a loop of lone star rd to 875 and back to town. A bit shorter than we did, but im trying to break her in slow

DossieBoy

Hey fellow DFW FZ8'er...

I'm new to riding and have been looking for a good place to take my beginners course and get my license...:eek:... I was wondering if any of y'all know of a good school in the area that mostly caters to sports bikes rather then the HD or cruisers? Hopping for a good instructor that will actually give two sh*ts if we learn properly.

Thanks and be safe out there!

T

b-eock

Well it all applies, be it Harley or sport bike. My MSF course instructor was awesome. He was glad to see I was picking up the small cones with the pegs of the Older Harley like bike we had. Lol

I'll get that course name for you if you want.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DLSGAP

Dos.. Wish I could be useful here. I took the beginners course in 94 after 6 years of riding

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DossieBoy

Awesome, finally found a weekend that I can take it and signed up.

I was also wondering if anyone goes to any meets or has any rides that they do in the area?

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Man that sucks you dont have anyone to ride with. I used to live in Bedford, used to have a good group of guys I would ride with. Not too many of us living around there anymore. I generally just head out towards the mountains here and meet up with one or two bikes on the way, if not, F***-it, I have my tunes in my helmet, and Im gone for a good 4-6 hour ride, on some bad ass West Virginia back country twisties, almost every weekend.

DJ

If you ever come out west to the Roanoke Valley area, PM me and we can get up for sure.

DLSGAP

I'm actually in the process of trying to resurrect mine now after it's been sitting for 2 years