Cruiser as second bike, what would you choose and why

[]V[]addog

hey all,

If you guys are anything like me you have bought and sold numerous bike, always looking for that perfect bike. I think all bikes have their compromises, but honestly i think the fazer 8 is my dream bike perfect mix of power, handling and comfort. easy in town or out on the highway.

However. I always get the urge to just get on a cruiser and cruise the boulevard. Low and slow! nice rumble, relaxed, etc. Also better comfort for my lady for two upping.

I know two bikes seems excessive, especially for us here in canada when we can only ride half the year as it is. But i think it is the only option, because i dont want to get ride of my perfect ride just to get that cruiser feeling on occasion.

So I thought it would be fun to see if any of you have that same feeling and what you would get.

So I have it narrowed down to Yamaha vstar 950 or stryker, or the vulcan custom 900.
They are small enough to handle easily, but large enough to do what needs to get done. i think they look really cool too... because we all know these bikes dont handle like ours, so they better look great!

anyways, opening the floor to you guys!

funnelli

Just couldn't bring myself to buy a cruiser, for me they look a bit out of place in the UK, at risk of upsetting people!
However think I could go for a BMW r1200 for mileage with the misses, of course then I would need a triumph bonnie to cater for my retro urges, but then of course I would need my race rep, probably a panigale.
Oh nearly forgot of course a trallie to go green landing on, and maybe a r1200 gs for more distance off road, and last but not least my garage project for the winter months fettling in the garage!
In short I don't think its unreasonable for you to want a second bike, I say go for it :D of course I can only dream:(

NoNine4me

I have had a few cruisers, Sportster 1200 Sport and Dyna SuperGlide HD. But my current cruiser, if you want to call it that, is the new Honda CB1100. Does everything a cruiser does as far as a nice, relaxed ride but has plenty of power and looks cool. Also the price is right.

DanS

Commuter
I have had a few cruisers, Sportster 1200 Sport and Dyna SuperGlide HD. But my current cruiser, if you want to call it that, is the new Honda CB1100. Does everything a cruiser does as far as a nice, relaxed ride but has plenty of power and looks cool. Also the price is right.
Man I'm jealous! I love the CB100 it would definitely be my pick for a second bike. I haven't had the opportunity to ride one but I've sat on and drooled all over ones at a couple dealerships.

[]V[]addog

I have seen those puppies! they look really neat.
do you do much two up and long distance riding?
that is a classic standard for sure.

Skiman

There is no question....I'd be buying a Moto Guzzi California Custom!
Hands down the classiest looking cruiser out there, well....IMHO:)

Last edited:

Bajaedition

I want to trade the ZZR for a Cruiser to take trips on. The ZZR is now 11 years old, need to sell it.
I do think the FZ8 is great just how it is, but is not a HWY bike

My top 3 on the list, the Victory Crossroads, has an engine that beats HD by leaps and bounds and is not a full dresser which just look to old man for me, the next is the Motoguizzi, but there is not a dealer (service) any where near my location, close to 200 miles away so that is a bit of a stretch. my 3rd choice would be the Yamaha roadstar. that thing has rave reviews by all the bike mags and has plenty big bags, plus with only a windshield, I can take off the thing and look like a biker and less like a RUB.

dtbrown

I was able to test ride the BOLT recently and I liked it a lot. Super comfortable and easier than expected to ride. Funny how 60hp feels slow compared to the 8 but it's plenty fast. For the money probably best choice. My buddy has a Yamaha Striker that was really good too.

Larry P

My FZ8 is my relaxed and slow ride :D

My second bike is a 2011 R1 for that serious adrenaline kick

elim70

The new Indian scout looks badass. 100hp, liquid cooled, 538lbs, nice styling all for around $10k. Not to mention exclusivity.

mundan101

hey all,

If you guys are anything like me you have bought and sold numerous bike, always looking for that perfect bike. I think all bikes have their compromises, but honestly i think the fazer 8 is my dream bike perfect mix of power, handling and comfort. easy in town or out on the highway.

However. I always get the urge to just get on a cruiser and cruise the boulevard. Low and slow! nice rumble, relaxed, etc. Also better comfort for my lady for two upping.

I know two bikes seems excessive, especially for us here in canada when we can only ride half the year as it is. But i think it is the only option, because i dont want to get ride of my perfect ride just to get that cruiser feeling on occasion.

So I thought it would be fun to see if any of you have that same feeling and what you would get.

So I have it narrowed down to Yamaha vstar 950 or stryker, or the vulcan custom 900.
They are small enough to handle easily, but large enough to do what needs to get done. i think they look really cool too... because we all know these bikes dont handle like ours, so they better look great!

anyways, opening the floor to you guys!

Got a Yamaha Stryker

baggy

I would have a Suzuki Intruder M1500 or M1800

I owned the M800 (M50 in USA) foe 8 weeks in 2007 until I got knocked off, broke my foot up pretty bad and the bike was write off.

The M800 was a nice bike but needed more power which is why I would go for the bigger M1500 or M1800

This was mine.