Cold weather pants suggestions pls

rysyndrome

I need to get something to wear for my commute to work, etc. Just something to throw over dress slacks or jeans would be great. I have never purchased riding pants before. Anyone have any suggestions for something not too expensive, say less than $150? Thanks!!

C

Camo

How cold does it get and how far do you have to go mate?
Off the top of my head i'd say look through the icon range of overpants or maybe even a pair of waterproof overpants?

rysyndrome

It's in the 50s-60s F now and at speed the wind gets pretty chilly and goes right thru my jeans. I'm sure it will be even worse in slacks. I don't have far to go for work but would like something I can wear on weekend trips as well. I'll check out Icon, thanks.

sinclap2

Lazy
I think the coldest it got work when I was riding over winter was -2C (~30F)

I have a pair of double layer wet weather pants that cost me $40 from a camping/disposals shop. My ride to work is about 20mins, with a max speed of 80km/h. They add protection and keep out the cold for about 15-20mins (depending on the temp). I wouldn't want ride for much longer than 30 at those temps, in those pants. They slip over my pants every easily, however a pair of stirrup straps would be helpful on the bottom to keep them over the boots!

Wieb27

Save your money and just use your raingear. I rode in this morning (40 miles) into work and the temperature was 35°F. I've done raingear on the outside along with thermals under my jeans for years and it works great.

RoadKill

Save your money and just use your raingear. I rode in this morning (40 miles) into work and the temperature was 35°F. I've done raingear on the outside along with thermals under my jeans for years and it works great.

yeah but youve got no armor.