Clutch plate swap... Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b-eock

Thing is, I've always been mechanically inclined. I've done all the crap I could at home to all the vehicles we've owned. And lawn mowers and dirt bikes and four wheelers and tractors. I've always done that stuff. I've never done a clutch swap. Didn't have a manual to do it. Just basically reverse engineered it. I screwed up and that's no excuse... And that's what I wanted to be as an adult, is a mechanic. Specifically motorcycles. But anything else would still be good. That's just what I've always wanted to do... I guess not though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

97audia4

Thing is, I've always been mechanically inclined. I've done all the crap I could at home to all the vehicles we've owned. And lawn mowers and dirt bikes and four wheelers and tractors. I've always done that stuff. I've never done a clutch swap. Didn't have a manual to do it. Just basically reverse engineered it. I screwed up and that's no excuse... And that's what I wanted to be as an adult, is a mechanic. Specifically motorcycles. But anything else would still be good. That's just what I've always wanted to do... I guess not though.

one mess up is no reason to ruin confidence in doing stuff yourself, live and learn that is all. Plus I still need your help on how to wheelie the 8:D

JSP

Administrator

EVERYONE, even absolute experts in a certain profession screw up at some point. Don't be hard on yourself. Especially since you have never done it AND no manual! Even the pros use manuals. No one can remember all the certain specifics every time for so many different things.

I prided myself in my work on my bikes and my mechanical skills... Then for some reason, some how, I got my right and left mixed up and absolutely stripped out the oil pan on my R6. I felt so low and dumb.. haha. But hey, its a mistake, we all make them. I fixed the problem and life goes on. It is a learning experience. We learn from mistakes and we will always make them. Don't believe ANYONE that says they never make a mistake.

Stick with what you want to do. Practice and patience are key. Don't give up on your dreams. Don't let anyone tell you to do so either.

HenryT

Yeah at this point the OP is starting to sound a tad pouty, Wahhhhh!

Mechanics isn't your bag, drop it. Just glad the guy got the thing to the dealer to be put back together like I suggested, before more stuff got broke.

b-eock

Yeah, thanks. I am being pouty. I'm depressed and suicidal. You don't know me personally... But y'all don't wanna hear about that... Bye guys. Thanks for all the help and stunting support.

Last edited:

HenryT

Yeah, thanks. I am being pouty. I'm depressed and suicidal. You don't know me personally... But y'all don't wanna hear about that... Bye guys. Thanks for all the help and stunting support.

Bye

Marthy

Not pretty cool to beat on someone who is already with a knee down.

I have respect for someone who at least have enough balls to try new things and even more respect for someone who can admit doing mistake... thats how we all learn.

Everyone is at a different level when its time to, in this case... doing maintenance on there bike. I have been spinning wrenches for longer that some of you are old. In no mean I ever disrespect anyone because of things I read on some of the post. And I've seen it all... believe me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

cambo

Avid Rider
well said Marthy...completely agree. B-eock was waving his white flag coming into this thread. there was no ego or douchey statements to attack. He knew he screwed up somewhere and was just seeking help.

Was really glad to see the vast majority showing what makes this forum stand out above the rest. Not only offering the guidance and help...but the encouragement as well.

G.I. Jooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HenryT

If you plan on staying a member here, cut the personal insults and general rudeness. This is not the first in your short amount of posts here.

That's an insult? I gave the guy the best advice on here and he followed it. Im happy to report his bike is working fine now.

JSP

Administrator
That's an insult? I gave the guy the best advice on here and he followed it. Im happy to report his bike is working fine now.

Yeah, it is. One mistake and you jump him saying he should stay away from his bike and never touch it again. You are so perfect you have never made a mistake, but learned and now you are good at something? Everyone should just give up on something, a career, a hobby, etc the first time they make a mistake??? There would be NO hobbies/careers... Because everyone will make a mistake, especially when learning.

Care to continue, we can talk offline. Like I said, stop the degrading rude attitude. That's all... Thanks.

I am going to post a quote I read often and will just leave it at that...

“I don't know if I continue, even today, always liking myself. But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself. It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself because if you live, you will make mistakes- it is inevitable. But once you do and you see the mistake, then you forgive yourself and say, 'Well, if I'd known better I'd have done better,' that's all. So you say to people who you think you may have injured, 'I'm sorry,' and then you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry.' If we all hold on to the mistake, we can't see our own glory in the mirror because we have the mistake between our faces and the mirror; we can't see what we're capable of being. You can ask forgiveness of others, but in the end the real forgiveness is in one's own self. I think that young men and women are so caught by the way they see themselves. Now mind you. When a larger society sees them as unattractive, as threats, as too black or too white or too poor or too fat or too thin or too sexual or too asexual, that's rough. But you can overcome that. The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself. If we don't have that we never grow, we never learn, and sure as hell we should never teach.”
― Maya Angelou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.