cleaning leather jackets?

Rotaryknight

So, after 5 months and a couple rain storms my scorpion exo stinger jacket is dirty and has a bunch of dead bugs in it.

Anybody knows how to clean a leather jacket? I am so used to mesh textile...

Rotaryknight

Some said that I can use hand soap and a microfiber towel. I had plenty of hand soap so I tried it out. It took some dirt off with light pressure, cleaned up the neck area pretty good. Some more work and it should be clean. Now I just need some leather conditioner. I'll get the saddle soap and conditioner next week to properly clean it.

Woody146

Banned
The wipes I use condition and clean and I get them at the grocery store....for under 5$

Last edited:

Darksabre

I have a Spidi leather jacket, so I bought the Spidi leather cleaning kit...because I'm a sucker. It has a cloth, sponge, foaming detergent, and a moisturizing polish. Leather wipes will probably work just fine.

FZ8 Rider

I use Lexol leather cleaner. I let it dry and then use the Lexol conditioner. I then rub mink oil into my leather. I do this once a year.

Bajaedition

best cleaner I have ever used on leather is Saddle Soap, there are many brands of it. Just do a search and you will find it online. Cowboys buy it for leather they use on horses so it is cheap and effective.