Cheap Grip heaters

kbrink

Last edited:

kbrink

Well, I finally got those grip heaters installed, and so far they work suprizingly well. I do wish they had a "hi-low" switch, because the grips do get a bit toasty, but for $5 I can't complain. It was rather EZ to wire in, I tied it in with the power to the headlight (per a YouTube video demonstrated on a cbr600) and seems to work fine with no effect on the headlight.
If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Speedo007

Could you take a pic and show what it looks like once installed? At 5$ its hard to go wrong. What I've heard from these is that the throttle side wire usually breaks after a while since these are mostly made for ATVs where handle doesnt turn.

kbrink

Here are a few pics, the one shows the connection on the throttle side, I think the trick to keeping them from breaking is leave a bit of slack in the wire when you zip tie the slack. I have used them for about 500 miles now with no trouble so far. They have been the difference between warm or frozen fingers a few times, but I don't expect them to last forever, as long as they get me into the warm months (which a almost here!!) thats fine with me. My one complaint is that the rubber shrink tube/wrap that covers the grip could be a bit grippier, my leather palmed gloves require a bit more grip force when twisting that throttle.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]