Brake light not on when front brake lever pressed

wildhog84

I'll be honest, actually noticed this a few months back but kept forgetting about it.

Is it normal for the brake light to not come on when the front lever is pressed?

The rear brake activates the light fine.

Mr. Man

I've only had my bike for a few months now but from what I've noticed the brake light comes on with very little pressure on the front brake lever. At least with my bike you can hear a little click when you barely squeeze the lever and that seems to be the point when the light come on. Not sure what your problem is but that would be something I would want to fix as soon as possible.

Check your front master cylinder. There is a switch and you should see i believe a two wire connector. Check if it is plugged in all the way.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
check the obvious. LIGHT BULB!

Thread states (Customer states, for those in the auto service industry) that the brake light comes on when the rear brake lever is pressed. That pretty much rules out light bulb. But, normally, that would be the first thing to check. Only a few possibilities left: 1. A faulty switch in the front brake switch in the master cylinder, 2. A loose or faulty connection at this switch, 3. An open circuit in the harness after the front brake switch, 4. A fault (open circuit) in the fuse block in the circuit that controls the brake light (power from the front brake switch).
So, if the connector is plugged in properly at the front master cylinder, start tracing wires to see if something frayed. After that, you're looking at getting someone with a DMM or Power Probe to do some electrical diag for you.

holy shit kononovitch you're alive...where've you been dude, haven't seen you around here in a while.

Whats up sorry, deployed to japan again. Saw a fazer and fz1n at dealer in hiroshima last weekend. can't believe the prices here. Bikes are stupid cheap. The Fz1n was just under $8000 for a 2011 with barely any miles. Also on another note got some nice projects coming up. I dont know if you heard but i brough another FZ8 and picked up a 2009 FZ1 complete engine. On top of that have new 2012 R1 forks and shock. The guy brought a R1 and made it into a track bike. Pulled forks and shock off for a ohlins unit. I'll also post pictures up of the fazer and fz1n sometime.

I'll be up in osaka in 2 weeks. SATO racing has there, hoping to get acouple of rear sets for a good price and resell for cost to help some members out. If everything goes as planned.

cambo

Avid Rider
Whats up sorry, deployed to japan again. Saw a fazer and fz1n at dealer in hiroshima last weekend. can't believe the prices here. Bikes are stupid cheap. The Fz1n was just under $8000 for a 2011 with barely any miles. Also on another note got some nice projects coming up. I dont know if you heard but i brough another FZ8 and picked up a 2009 FZ1 complete engine. On top of that have new 2012 R1 forks and shock. The guy brought a R1 and made it into a track bike. Pulled forks and shock off for a ohlins unit. I'll also post pictures up of the fazer and fz1n sometime.

nice, I miss being out there...by far my best assignment...though I was in Korea, not Japan. Yeah the last update I remember from you was that you picked up a 2nd 8...but I didn't know about the fz1 engine. Interested to see what you've got planned! be safe brotha

here we go