Bogging at low RPM's

Grambo65

Hey there! I have a 2011 that I just bought this season with 20K on the ticker. I am experiencing a few symptoms.
1. After a few minutes of warming up and I blip the throttle, there is a drop or a hesitation and then the RPM's catch up.
2. in First gear the bike is sluggish off the line and suddenly kicks in and takes off. The same is true at roughly 5,000 RPM's the bike seems to wake up!

I'm wondering if there might be some suggestions out there as to what you might think could be the issue. I am pulling the plugs tomorrow and hope that might help. but these are my thoughts and I may be way off the mark:
1. bad gas from sitting in the Previous owner's barn. (I'm not sure if he added a stabilizer. I've put 1,000 miles on the bike and the problem still persists).
2. Could be coils but I've seem very few problems with this bike with coil issues.
3. might be plugs which will be pulled and assessed tomorrow
4. Timing issue perhaps? No idea

Thanks for the suggestions

Stan

Google a dyno chart for the FZ8. You'll see that the bike only comes alive a little under 6,000 rpm. Torque actually goes down between 4k and 5.5k where there is a bit of a dead zone which is kind of annoying if you end up trying to accelerate there.

The delayed response seems a little weird but it'd be hard to tell what exactly is normal.
A throttle body sync might be a good idea if it hasn't been done at all. Also check the the air filter.