Bluetooth Devices

Blinkgold311

Just got a SENA SMH10R bluetooth wireless communications device. Figured my buddy and I could really use it since i was trying to tell him i needed gas and he thought that meant turn right. Also, it automatically pairs to my phone, so i can listen to the radio or mp3's or whatever. Pretty good device especially for the price. Only around $180US, so not too shabby compared to others. Says it has 1km range, but since it's snowing again, i can't validate that just yet. As soon as the snow melts I'll test that theory.

lyric911

Just got a SENA SMH10R bluetooth wireless communications device. Figured my buddy and I could really use it since i was trying to tell him i needed gas and he thought that meant turn right. Also, it automatically pairs to my phone, so i can listen to the radio or mp3's or whatever. Pretty good device especially for the price. Only around $180US, so not too shabby compared to others. Says it has 1km range, but since it's snowing again, i can't validate that just yet. As soon as the snow melts I'll test that theory.

I've had the SMH-10 for a while now. Love it. I haven't used any of the other options, but the jog dial instead of buttons surely seems like it would be the easiest to control with gloves.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I've had the SMH-10 for a while now. Love it. I haven't used any of the other options, but the jog dial instead of buttons surely seems like it would be the easiest to control with gloves.

The jog dial works pretty well IMO. Turning the volume up/down is super easy. I haven't answered a call yet though....I should probably read the manual again.

I road for about 100 miles round trip today and it is so nice having music without speaker wire getting in the way while riding.

The SMH-10 is definitely a great investment.

dart1963

Super Moderator
How have you found the volume to be? Usable at speeds? What helmet are you using it with? I've wondered how well it does switching from music to phone to box-box communications. Seen a few deals for a set that make it enticing price wise.

I've looked at these before and heard nothing but great reviews as well, would be nice to be able to listen to music and take phone calls if needed (course, that's also a benefit of not having it... as only the wife calls me when I'm out :) )

Blinkgold311

How have you found the volume to be? Usable at speeds? What helmet are you using it with? I've wondered how well it does switching from music to phone to box-box communications. Seen a few deals for a set that make it enticing price wise.

I've looked at these before and heard nothing but great reviews as well, would be nice to be able to listen to music and take phone calls if needed (course, that's also a benefit of not having it... as only the wife calls me when I'm out :) )

I have mine mounted on my SHOIE RF1100 and the volume is fine. I have some pads that help put the speakers closer to my ear because my exhaust is loud. I will have to get back to you on the call quality as the snow hasn't melted yet and i can't ride.

aabindas

I have the SMH10r and put it in an icon variant helmet. The music quality is great and you can hear it at high speeds. I've talked to a few people while I was riding and they didn't know I was on the bike and that was at 65 mph. I got it for $170ish at revzilla.com totally worth it and I love that it's not bulky.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

n00b

Avid Rider
I have the scala G9 unit. always amazed at its ability to filter out wind and engine noise during conversation. But it's range is NO WHERE near what they claim on the intercom service. I can use siri with the iphone for normal commands, so it's pretty handy for the bike

lyric911

I had a phone call once on the Sena @ 90 (indicated, stock sprockets) mph and it was perfectly usable.

Landin

nice! Is there any bass?

Going to get my selfe one of those:

Custom Molded Fit Earphones Motorcycle Helmet Speakers Earbud Racing Earpieces | eBay

Dont matter if there are some cables, just wanna get the loud sound from my bike out of my head when im going for a long ride =)

alexk

Weekend Rider

If this came with a microphone and inline control (for the iphone) I could clip to the helmet, I'd be all over this instead of earplugs (using foam shooting range plugs now).

I might be able to make something to stay in the helmet by chopping up an iphone headset and putting flat round speakers in behind the helmet liner.

I don't want to make phone calls from the road (maybe call in some dangerous drunks), nor listen to music, but the ability to get nav directions would be awesome.

Last edited:

socal

Custom Molded Fit Earphones Motorcycle Helmet Speakers Earbud Racing Earpieces | eBay
/QUOTE]

If this came with a microphone and inline control (for the iphone) I could clip to the helmet, I'd be all over this instead of earplugs (using foam shooting range plugs now).

I might be able to make something to stay in the helmet by chopping up an iphone headset and putting flat round speakers in behind the helmet liner.

I don't want to make phone calls from the road (maybe call in some dangerous drunks), nor listen to music, but the ability to get navi directions would be awesome.

those type of plugs work great for shooting and a micro speaker can be cut and placed in them. they must be fitted. my friend does hearing aids and i had her make the mold of my ears and send them in to be made. be sure if you have this done that the person puts a cotton plug in your ear canal first otherwise when the silicone is injected it will get stuck due to the way the canal is shaped. like surgery stuck.

dtbrown

I did some research into the sena smh10r and reviews are awesome with exception it can't be removed fast or removed to charge like the smh10 can be but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for how sleek it is. Look forward to getting it.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Has anyone with Sena SMH10 soldered in better speakers? If so, where would you find speakers such as this?