Back in the Saddle on a FZ8, Springfield, Virginia, USA

gufazi

Hello guys and gals. I am the proud new owner of an 2011 FZ8 and I'm looking forward to being part of this forum. I just picked up the bike today - she had 4887 miles on her when I handed over the cash (thx CL) and she is now about to pass 5k already.

I'm 40 years old and have been riding for the past eight years. I started on a Tomos 50cc, then a Suzuki GZ250, then a Kawasaki Ninja 500R, before settling for many years on a 2005 Suzuki SV650N that I loved and modded the hell out of. I was laid off for a while, sold the SV, and she has now been replaced with the FZ8. I tried Speed Triple, FZ6, FZ1, Ducati S2R, Ninja 650R, but the FZ8 won my heart!

The bike came in the standard gloss black and the previous owner put on a tail tidy, Aprapovic exhaust, integrated rear signal, Gear Indicator Pro X-type, a bigger fly-screen, a radiator cover (from a member on this forum!), front and rear spools, some sliders, and a SW-Motech luggage rack. I plan to keep it all except the luggage rack - I hope to trade it here for a center-stand, rear seat cowl, or belly pan / chin spoiler.

Anyway, I was an active member and trader SVRider.com, and hope you guys are just as supportive and active!

Gary

Welcome. I'm in Woodbridge, Va. I just went on a ride out west Saturday. We should ride sometime.