AZ FZ Riders

ssky0078

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a thread for the Arizona guys to hopefully all subscribe to. That way if you're going for a ride, try to post it a day or two or more in advance and then we all would get notified, a lot easier than a bunch of PM's.

Please post the following info:
Date & Estimated Time of Departure
Departure location
Estimated Route (If you could pull up a google maps and copy the link in there that would be sweet)
Estimated Time for the ride
Estimated Stops (i.e. for brunch/lunch/coffee/gas)

Maybe if you are an AZ guy if you could just post a brief reply 'subbed, can't wait to ride.' or where you are from (mesa, scottsdale, tucson, etc) and then that way we can also get a good idea of how many AZ riders are out there and when planning routes make it easier to include everyone

Cheers,

Schuyler

p.s. maybe an admin could sticky/thumb tack this for us

ssky0078

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about taking a ride on Saturday. I've been watching the weather and originally it said snow for Saturday in Payson but it looks to be sunny with only a 10% chance of precipitation.

Depart: Saturday 10am from Fountain Hills Chevron just off the AZ87

Route: Up to Payson for early lunch at Macky's Grill
Then to Camp Verde to Phoenix or back home depends on the temp and if there is any rain/snow.

Estimated time: 1 hour up to Payson, then either about 2.5 hours loop around camp verde or 1 hour back down to Phoenix

Estimated stops: I'll need to get gas at the Chevron, in Payson, and Campe Verde. Dang FZ1 guzzles gas, a freaking R1 gets 40 mpg and I get 29 mpg. We'll be doing lunch at Mackey's Grills, I was up there on Monday and I had the Cowboy Melt and it was really good.

http://goo.gl/maps/drGJR

I will wake up Saturday morning and try to post a confirmation of departure between 8-9, again I'm keeping an eye on the weather. Dress warm it said it will be a high of 48F up there.

Last edited:

ssky0078

Bummer, I'm also looking at going for a ride Sunday as well. If you work weekends and have a day during the week free, we should go ride South Mountain. It's pretty close to all Phoenix locations and is pretty fun.

firstgendsm

I hate it when I work Sat is screws up the whole weekend.....I only work ever 3rd......got plans already for Sunday...Close shorter rides are better for me until after June (wife gets back from Job out of state) ...Have 2 large crack head dogs require attention.

Takdogg

Down for upgrades

I'll have to keep you guys in mind after I get the bike reassembled. I decided to yank the headers and mid pipe for ceramic coating at Jet Hot. Figured since it is the colder months that it is as good as time as any. Plus I got some tinkering to do with the rear sets I just picked up.

ssky0078

Well, I'm calling off the Payson ride tomorrow. They are supposed to have an inch of snow on the ground by early morning and the possibility of more.

I may go out to globe then up past roosevelt lake az 188 back down the beeline (az87). All told about 200 miles in 4 hours.

I'll check the weather again in the morning but as of right now that's the plan.

ssky0078

Update for Today 2-8-2013

David323 and myself are going for a ride from the Chandler Mall to Gila Bend to get an alien burger and back. It's mostly super slab but we are retreating from the cold/wet weather up north.

Chandler Mall in front of Dillard's by Best Buy
Departing 930-945
Destination Gila Bend, Space Age Restaurant 401 E Pima ST
Dress warm cause it's only a high of 53F

ssky0078

Resurrected thread:

With all the new Fz8 guys in Phoenix I thought it about time to post up a reminder. If you subscribe to the thread then you will get email updates of upcoming planned rides. There is also a thread on the Fz6 forum.

As things continue to cool off, I'm sure we will be more active. Please post your age, city, etc. so it can help the people who are coordiating the rides with logistics.

F3NIX

41 live in Peoria.

Any of you planning on going to the big event up in Reno at the end of the month?

I will try to find some info on it and post it here. Would be cool to group up and make the trip.

Here is a link...
http://roadshowsreno.com/sv_fall.php

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

Last edited:

mckshred

We managed to dodge the rain and ride out to Saguaro Lake today. Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow am, thinking of heading up to Pine.

ssky0078

We managed to dodge the rain and ride out to Saguaro Lake today. Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow am, thinking of heading up to Pine.

Have fun, I'm waiting to get a new chain/sprocket and tires. I should be up for a ride in a couple weeks.

ssky0078

I am planning on taking a ride up Yarnell and the Spars on Saturday, October 19 with a friend of mine.

Meetup
Where: Chevron on I-17 and Carefree highway (just east of exit)
When: 9 am on Saturday, October 19
Who: Sky (Fz1) and Brian (Monster 696)

We are both 35+ year old relatively reasonable guys. Don't go too fast but have fun. No wheelies or stunter BS (I feel like this should be a standard disclaimer after that group ride BS in NYC).

F3NIX

With things about to cool off (hopefully) I was thinking about trying to get a group ride planned here in the near future. If there are any AZ riders interested please post here and we can start to plan a day or two of solid riding...carve some of those northern canyons!

desertdude

since you guys are local I feel like I should direct you to my for sale items. I sold my FZ8 and am selling my bags connection electric tank bag for $250 and the bags connection matching tail bag for $100. Awesome bags. They both have pictures and descriptions in the for sale section.

mckshred

With things about to cool off (hopefully) I was thinking about trying to get a group ride planned here in the near future. If there are any AZ riders interested please post here and we can start to plan a day or two of solid riding...carve some of those northern canyons!

I'm in! Just keep me posted.

LimitedEdition

I'm in! Just keep me posted.

Did this ever happen? I realize its January 2015....but you've got at least 1 new FZ ready to ride. The last bike I owned was an R6 in Tucson, so I was up and down Mt Lemmon every weekend, haven't hit the northern canyons yet.