Aux lighting, LED light bar

esapper95

Just posting some pictures of my new lightbar. The halo just was not bright enough for valley riding at night. I couldn't find anything on here for extra lighting so i came up with my own idea. Where I ride there is no street lights so im hoping this will help a good amount, not just for me but the my group behind me. Install was easy considering i already had my bike torn apart for ECU flash. Cost was about $75 for everything. It is very bright but i have not got to test it out on the road yet. Screenshot_2015-12-26-22-41-38.jpg20151227_122946.jpg

Zenfist

I like how it looks, very cyberpunkish! I too worry about clearance, however. I hope it works for you.

esapper95

Like I said I have not got to test ride it yet. So I am not sure. I didn't even think about suspension travel. I do have .95 racetech Springs so that might help, at least until heavy braking. I can't believe I didn't think about that. :hbwall: I will check tonight, if it hits the fender I guess it's back to the drawing board. Would reduced fork travel have a negative impact on handling? That's if I found a way to reduce it

rvt001

what did you use to mount it to forks? I have been having the idea but cant come up with a descent looking mount.

esapper95

It was clamped to the fork legs but I did have issues with the front fender hitting the light while braking. I actually mounted it to the fender itself, farther forward so it will not hit the headlight under braking. It is mounted on 3 points on the fender and is very sturdy. The only problem that I see it causing now is creating more drag on the front end. But the fz8 is not exactly aerodynamic to begin with. Definitely worth it of you ride in areas like I do.