APPARENTLY IM THE ONLY BEGINNER HERE -___-

Nstr_FZ8

SO it seems like I'm the only begginer that rides a FZ8.. mm I dont think so...

I'm going to guess and say that nobody posts here because they fear an embarrassment from being recognized or labeled as a new rider (I guess its an inevitable feel if you're riding a ****ing rocket between your legs) .. Or maybe you just dont feel like posting at all...

Whatever the reason is, I want to encourage you to ask, clear your doubts. This is a very useful section of this forum and all of US should take advantage of it.

I would also like to ask the HIGH-XP riders reading this, to occasionally visit this section and help us out with any concerns we have.

Lets make it a safe road for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

ssky0078

SO it seems like I'm the only begginer that rides a FZ8.. mm I dont think so...

I'm going to guess and say that nobody posts here because they fear an embarrassment from being recognized or labeled as a new rider (I guess its an inevitable feel if you're riding a ****ing rocket between your legs) .. Or maybe you just dont feel like posting at all...

Whatever the reason is, I want to encourage you to ask, clear your doubts. This is a very useful section of this forum and all of US should take advantage of it.

I would also like to ask the HIGH-XP riders reading this, to occasionally visit this section and help us out with any concerns we have.

Lets make it a safe road for everyone!

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

master paper clip

We have new riders join alot, intact we had 2 people new 2 motorcycles join in the last month outside of u, I was brand new to motorcycles the day I bought my 8, joined this forum while signing the paperwork for the bike and been a member every since... Tons of help here and some stand up gents, no body needs to worry about being made fun of or poked at just for being new... U get that when u give us something to work with ;)
Enjoy your self here and don't worry about anything. Be yourself, show everyone respect and you'll have a great time. Welcome to the forums

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I've been riding street bikes for 4 years now, and I've owned 4 bikes (no crashes :cool:) ) (yet:confused:) ) I'm still a new rider by far IMHO.

[]V[]addog

we are all newbs at some point. Been riding for a decade, 6 different bikes.. I still consider myself a non seasoned rider

master paper clip

If u ever doubt your self taking a turn, your still a noob. if u put it in gear with the kickstand down, your a noob... I u say your not a noob in some way... Your only lying to your self, I have over 14,000 in the yr I've had the bike... My ass is still a noob cause I know there Are things about riding I don't know yet or fully grasp.... Let your noob shine :)

Marthy

Not about being a bigginer or not. Its about riding within your comfort level.

Like someone mention long ago... His chicken strip were 2 kids and a mortgage wide...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

My 4th Bike, been riding 10 years I don't think anybody means to insult, but it's more concern as starting off on a bike like this as it's got a lot of power and some beginner rider errors can be magnified by that fact. It also is a fairly heavy bike as it's almost 100 lbs heavier than my 2007 ZX6R that I used to own. I think generally everybody here wants to promote good riding and may even take it personally and dont feel good if somebody goes down.

decooney

...I'm going to guess and say that nobody posts here because they fear an embarrassment from being recognized or labeled as a new rider...

Nstr_FZ8,
When you state the word "here", one can assume you are referring to the "New Riders Q&A" section of this website not having many new posts as opposed to other sections of this website. This is true only if you are referring to this forum section only.

Although there are not many new threads started in this particular Q&A section, there are several threads/posts/replies started by new members and new riders all over this website.

There is nothing a new rider should feel embarrassed about asking. Not asking is worse, I believe. There are NO STUPID QUESTIONS. I've been riding dirt, raced MX for a decade, ride street again recently, and have ridden motorcyles for 42 years solid with NO concerns about asking questions. There is a lot of knowledge on these great websites. People can pick out the BS posts vs. the valuable ones. Yes, some are clowns, while others truly enjoy helping from what I've seen so far on this website.

FWIW: I only wish I had access back then to a forum like this growing up as a new rider in the 70s. What a new world it is with the internet and great online specialty forums like this. Just finding a shop with a YZ80 or XR75 in stock back then was tough as a new kid rider. Today we can find just about anything online. Its just amazing. >>NEW RIDERS: Use these forums to your benefit, and ask away! There are a lot of great helpers on this site and other websites.<<

dalco450

I still consider me as a new rider, bought my Fazer8 (at 30 yo) a month after got my driving license last year and can't use the bike to its limit after 11 000km...

Last edited:

ssky0078

If u ever doubt your self taking a turn, your still a noob. if u put it in gear with the kickstand down, your a noob... I u say your not a noob in some way... Your only lying to your self, I have over 14,000 in the yr I've had the bike... My ass is still a noob cause I know there Are things about riding I don't know yet or fully grasp.... Let your noob shine :)

Leaving the kickstand down, I did that yesterday. I was rushing to go on a date and forgot as I'm hitting the ignition while backing out of a parking space. First time I did it in about 16,000 miles over 8 months.

On double apex corners I still doubt myself. But it's not really doubt, it's more like self-analysis if I've done this in the best way to maximize my drive coming out of the corner.

I'm still nooobish in some ways but in some ways I'm fairly skilled.

Not about being a bigginer or not. Its about riding within your comfort level.

Like someone mention long ago... His chicken strip were 2 kids and a mortgage wide...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

That's called respect for life and family. Nothing noobish about that, that is a sign of maturity. and I think it was Cambo that said that.

I still consider me as a new rider, bought my Fazer8 (at 30 yo) a month after got my driving license last year and can't use the bike to its limit after 11 000km...

You got your driving license at 30 y/o??:eek::eek:. How in the world does that happen? I was driving at age 10 on our property, old beat up truck. I actually drove dump truck and caterpillar wheel loader and back hoe to help build our little league fields at 11 and my first car at 16 was a 5.0 liter V8 with a 4 speed and the clutch was so heavy I had a workout every time I drove. I've only had one automatic car in my life and 5 different manual transmission cars/jeeps.

Supposedly mastery comes at 10,000 hours of doing something. If we assume an average of 45 mph during time traveled on the bike (65 highway and 35 on street) then that would be roughly 450,000 miles. If you were to ride 2,000 miles a month, that would be roughly 20 years of saddle time to consider yourself a master.

Nstr_FZ8

Nstr_FZ8,
When you state the word "here", one can assume you are referring to the "New Riders Q&A" section of this website not having many new posts as opposed to other sections of this website. This is true only if you are referring to this forum section
<<

Yup.. That is exactly what I was referring to.

dalco450

You got your driving license at 30 y/o??:eek::eek:. How in the world does that happen? I was driving at age 10 on our property, old beat up truck. I actually drove dump truck and caterpillar wheel loader and back hoe to help build our little league fields at 11 and my first car at 16 was a 5.0 liter V8 with a 4 speed and the clutch was so heavy I had a workout every time I drove. I've only had one automatic car in my life and 5 different manual transmission cars/jeeps.

BIKE driving license, not CAR driving license. They are two different things here.

Darksabre

Tell me about it. Second time I had to try registering it, because the notary put my name down instead of the sellers in one place. That was a day wasted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4