Anyone use Kevlar Jeans?

DSmith

So i got a pair of Dainese Textile Pants. Great pant for protection but for just going around town or running some errands there a little much in the looks department. Any of you guys wear kevlar jeans when you ride?

I looked at the Dainese jeans - too skinny
looked at the Icon jeans- look too baggy
Alpinestars looks pretty promising though..

Whaddaya recommend?

FZ8Panda

I ride with Kevlar jeans all the time. I got one pair of kevlar jeans and a pair of camo kevlar pants. I bought a pair of AGV Sport Corsica Kevlar Jeans not too long ago and it has become the main go to riding pants. I was in the same boat as you looking for a pair of good fitting jeans. Not too tight and not too baggy. The AGV Sport Corsica fit the bill perfectly for me. Fits like a relaxed fit jean and is very comfy. Only con would be the low rise waist and button fly but I haven't had a problem with it so far. The AGV also has pockets for knee pad inserts. Ended up buying Icon D3O pads for it. Fits good. I think some of the Alpinestars jeans will fit the bill too but it lacked a bit in the protection department imo. But, don't take my words, never owned a pair of Alpinestars kevlar jeans. Try out a pair of the AGV and see if you like it. Hope this helps.

AGV Sport Corsica Kevlar Jeans - RevZilla

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
I loved the icon victory kevlar jeans I had...I sold them on here but I secretly regretted it because they fit so well. I needed the money though.

I'm a full figured guy with child bearing hips so the baggyness of the icon jeans was appreciated.

Danger

I have some ICON blue jeans with aramid knees. I'm tall and lanky so they're a little short and a little baggy at the waist. The fit is not perfect, but acceptable to me. They are comfortable, well made, and they look OK.

DSmith

Thanks guys, i have a hard enough time finding normal pairs of jeans that fit me well. Im tall and skinny so I think those AGVs or the Alpinestars look more my style. Sucks when you're buying online and guessing.

860Rider

Great info!! If I might ask. What do you guys think of the Kevlar jeans VS. say a textile pant? I would think the Kevlar jeans would still be best all around. Any thoughts?

alexk

Weekend Rider
I had a pair of BILT Ironworker kevlar jeans. Loved em until they came apart at the seams six months in. And that was just regular wear and tear - no strikes or slides. With a better manufacturer, you'll get better life I'm sure.

Currently I'm wearing TourMaster Flex textile pants. Ballistic mesh pants for the heat (good from 70F to 120F), outer windbreaker layer (50F - 70F), inner windbreaker/waterproof layer (40F-50F dry, 30 minutes in heavy rain before it soaks through), insulative layer (30-40F). For Central Texas, it's a 4-season set of pants. =)

I find them very comfortable and think they're going to protect me at least as well as kevlar jeans. I've got hard-capped padded CE knee and shin protectors, and hip pads, plus all outer layers are 400-600 denier. They even have a zipper in the back to attach to my jacket to prevent the jacket from riding up in a spill.

Now here's to making sure all the safety gear is academic. =)

Last edited:

Skiman

I have the Slider 2.0 (black jeans).
They're a bit baggy (but for us older guys, more comfortable).
Keep you warm in the cooler weather but get pretty hot during the summer.
While the Sliders have pads for the knees, I've found them to be in an uncomfortable position (chafe just below the knee) as well as hard to get in and out, so....I leave them out!

ultimate_walrus

I loved the icon victory kevlar jeans I had...I sold them on here but I secretly regretted it because they fit so well. I needed the money though.

I'm a full figured guy with child bearing hips so the baggyness of the icon jeans was appreciated.

I hope you can find some small condolences knowing that they in a very loving place now

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
So i got a pair of Dainese Textile Pants. Great pant for protection but for just going around town or running some errands there a little much in the looks department. Any of you guys wear kevlar jeans when you ride?

I looked at the Dainese jeans - too skinny
looked at the Icon jeans- look too baggy
Alpinestars looks pretty promising though..

Whaddaya recommend?

Have you heard of Diamond Gusset? I like them so much I wear them every day, even if I'm not riding. Defender : Diamond Gusset Jean Co. And they're made in the USA!

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I have a pair of Draggin jeans, they fit is very good, and the Kevlar material that is sewn in is very generous and in very good spots.

Haven't gotten to "use" them yet lol.......:eek:

BMXkruzer

Just an FYI about kevlar jeans. If you ever go down wearing these you aren't going to slide on your knees or ass (the 2 places reenforced with kevlar). The jean material is going to grip the road and you are going to tumble and roll violently.
I don't wear my leathers every time i get on my bike but when I'm wearing my jeans or my uniform I know that I'm accepting that risk and not trying to kid myself. A good friend of mine went down wearing these instead of his leathers and the material grabbed and twisted his pant leg up and around so when he finally slid a little his calf was totally exposed. There is no substitution for proper gear.
Out here in Cali we have tons of sportbike riders that wear nothing but a t-shirt and back protector... As if they are going to get lucky on their way down and only slide on their back :rant:

Last edited:

troublemaker

I bought some fieldsheer from a motocycle convention in Long Beach, CA. I love these little kevlar jeans. I did however thought they had knee pads in them for some reason. But I bought them for like $60 bucks I scored that day. I end up buying some knee pads which I hardly wear them I should though.

I do want some over the pants riding pants. And one day a full riding race suit. Yeah one day those suckers are not cheap even on freaking sale.