Anyone use a tankbag?

Speedy2

I was wondering if anyone uses a tankbag? Which one works since the front of the gas tank is plastic? Would be nice to store a light shirt for those chilly days.

TundraTim

I was wondering if anyone uses a tankbag? Which one works since the front of the gas tank is plastic? Would be nice to store a light shirt for those chilly days.

I have one that I bought years ago. Sorry, don't have the brand name of it. Most of them have magnets on the sides and back so it stays on the tank. Haven't had a problem with the plastic cowl causing any problems.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I like my cortech magnetic bag. Plenty of space and never comes off by accident.

6Den

I have a Joe Rocket Manta bag. Seems like custom-made for our tank when mounted BACKWARDS! Not too expensive either at less than $50.

Bajaedition

I have used my old magnetic bag and it works good
however I tried to use a map holder and it would not stay on, the wind kept getting under it
I do not know why the big bag stuck and the map holder would not, maybe down force the problem is the front part of the tank is a plastic cover for the intake.

tzortn

Pillion
I have an old Nelson Riggs bag that has magnets in the center that do most of the holding. The bag has "wings" with magnets in the corner that wrap the tank. I have never had a problem with it staying in place.

ssky0078

I too have the Cortech 18L bag and really like it. It has an extra face shield cover that I use a lot to switch between my clear and tinted shields. I also use the expansion feature when I'm getting take out (bike is my only transportation). The shape of the bag allows for full turn with the handlebars. The bag will scratch up your tank a little, even if they say it's safe, the magnet picks up metal flake and anything else magnetic and when you move it on the tank it does some damage.

OdinSon

I have this one and absolutely love it. Just big enough without being cumbersome and easy on and off. Magnetic holds on great. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dowco-50130-00-Rider-Black-Cruiser/dp/B002AQWK5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379288650&sr=8-1&keywords=magnetic+tank+bag]Amazon.com: Dowco 50130-00 Iron Rider Black Cruiser Tank Bag: Automotive[/ame]

A side note: The "Iron Raider" logo blows but can easily cut it off and viola! Debranded awsomeness.

Last edited:

MotoZen

I have a nelson-rigg CL-1020 (I don't think they make it anymore) and the magnets only held the bag if I had them tightened all the way up at the front and slid the bag back slightly. I almost always have something in there though, so I got the straps and they work great except when getting gas. Overall, I really like it. It's a great size most of the time, functions pretty well and looks good. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's not water proof, only comes with a waterproof cover (which I lost).

Hellgate

+1 on the Cortech magnetic bag. I used it on the FZ6 and the FZ1. I have the same bag with straps that went from the 1125R, and now to the V4R.

If you want a bling bag, the SW Motech line is hard to beat. The bag locks onto the gas cap area via a mounting ring and never touches the tank. It's on my Xmas wish list. :)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I have a magnetic Cortech Super 14L. Use it every day. Holds my rain suit, liners, spare gloves, balaclava and jumper cables.

lancercanada

i use a small 1, its a 4ltr bag that i got at a bike show just to hold my wallet keys and a water bottle. i ended up put 3m clear vynil on the tank cause i got a small sratch on it from putting and taking off the bag. it works good and no more scratchs