Anyone near Los Angeles?

Gusm91

Hey, so I really cant seem to find many other people here in Los Angeles with fz8's..maybe a few of us should get together and get lost in the canyons!?

F3NIX

Im in Phoenix!

Worlds apart, but if im everheadn that way i will let you know. I was thinking about taking the bike to lake elsinore for the motocross finale....to cheer for RV and him winning the championship. Not sure if i can make it happen though. :(

thach1130

Well from the look of it. The majority of the FZ8 seems to be on the east coast. Seems cali is more into the fast super sport style.

socal

OC man i just gotta find the time, and the problem is there just isn't that many of these bikes produced, last time i took a poll on serials the highest was about 5k that responded i think

Last edited:

Geanmage13

Hey man.. west coast over here!! I live in Downey and to be honest i haven't seen ONE single fz8 out there. Looks like only a few people have a good taste around here :)

Leorenzo

I see several every month. I ride to work from Torrance to Culver City 3 times a week. I have already put 10k on mine since i got it brand new in April 2012. Here's a link to one of my videos. Enjoy. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8abZ99l77mE]My Lucky Day - YouTube[/ame]

Gusm91

Yes it seems like everyone here in the west coast is into super sport bikes. I myself had an 05 gsxr 600 but using it as a daily commuter just kills your energy! I had it for 2 years and sat in the garage the last 7 months because I just got tired of getting tired! I ended up buying a 2013 fz8 a month ago and I love it!! IT IS REALLY A ONE OF A KIND HERE IN THE WEST COAST!

Gusm91

I see several every month. I ride to work from Torrance to Culver City 3 times a week. I have already put 10k on mine since i got it brand new in April 2012. Here's a link to one of my videos. Enjoy. My Lucky Day - YouTube

Nice man. Where did you get that windshield and for how much? Does it make a difference at high speeds? Also, I live 15 minutes from Culver City. Seems like you were riding on the 10 west maybe near la cinega?

Gusm91

Hey man.. west coast over here!! I live in Downey and to be honest i haven't seen ONE single fz8 out there. Looks like only a few people have a good taste around here :)

I agree with only a few people have good taste. It seems like everyone here only knows about supersports or harleys. Supersports are beautiful bikes but lets face it, comfortably should be number 1 on a bike and the fz8 has that plus style like no other. Anyways, you are also really close to me ..ive seen ONE fz8 and that was in Beverly hills....we need to go riding and show our bikes off!

Geanmage13

Yes it seems like everyone here in the west coast is into super sport bikes. I myself had an 05 gsxr 600 but using it as a daily commuter just kills your energy! I had it for 2 years and sat in the garage the last 7 months because I just got tired of getting tired! I ended up buying a 2013 fz8 a month ago and I love it!! IT IS REALLY A ONE OF A KIND HERE IN THE WEST COAST!

I'm not gonna lie.. i myself was considering a S1000rr just because a superbike is like a Ferrari, Lambo etc in cars. But when i thought about it more mature i realised i don't need to be bent over all the time plus i don't need the 192 hp to get stuck in the traffic. And thank god i didn't get it (maybe for a second bike :) ). My fz8 is powerful enough for in AND out of the city ..

Gusm91

I'm not gonna lie.. i myself was considering a S1000rr just because a superbike is like a Ferrari, Lambo etc in cars. But when i thought about it more mature i realised i don't need to be bent over all the time plus i don't need the 192 hp to get stuck in the traffic. And thank god i didn't get it (maybe for a second bike :) ). My fz8 is powerful enough for in AND out of the city ..

EXACTLY! I was actually in the market for a CBR1000RR..I also thought about it in the long run, the fz8 is cheaper to maintain(per Maintenance intervals), uses less gas, has more than enough HP, is a hell of a lot more comfortable and will probably use it more to its fullest than a 1000rr bike...A lot of motorcyclist that ride Super Sports will NEVER use the bike for what it was made for.

Gusm91

We have to make some sort of group so we can get together and rip those canyons. Nicely said man.

G

GNoiZZ

I would be in too.. would be cool to ride with some other FZ8's together.

Geanmage13

i can do weekends but only till like 3pm.. if not, mondays and wednesdays after 5pm... Tight schedule huh? Gotta pay off that Japanese baby.. LOL

Gusm91

i can do weekends but only till like 3pm.. if not, mondays and wednesdays after 5pm... Tight schedule huh? Gotta pay off that Japanese baby.. LOL

Good thing I paid mine cash!! Wow it sounds like we will never meet because that is one crazy schedule! So how do you have fun with the bike!?

Geanmage13

How..?! I don't really.. not yet!!! lol Only after work at nights or in the mornings-afternoons till i start work at 4 i may cruise on PCH etc.. :eek:

Last edited: