AMA Superbike Road America 2012

D

Deleted member 438

I'm going to be heading RA for the races on the first weekend in June. I'm leaving from the Chicago area and I can make stops along the way to meet up with other riders. Let me know if you're coming.

C

calscrazy

not going to any races until the big boys come to austin in november. then next year motogp comes to austin:yes:

then again texas isnt exactly on the way from chicago :D

D

Deleted member 438

Is November the F1 race? I might have to fly down to Austin for the weekend for that.

H

Hoover

I'll keep you posted on this. I went for many years, camped in the zoo and generally behaved badly.
If I can get my help trained in time, I may go. Are you camping?

D

Deleted member 438

I wasn't planning on camping, but that might be cool.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i prefer the hotel route as i tend to get fried in the sun and a nice pool or hot tub then cold shower feels great afterward. seems like every year i go i get scorched.

D

Deleted member 438

i prefer the hotel route as i tend to get fried in the sun and a nice pool or hot tub then cold shower feels great afterward. seems like every year i go i get scorched.

I know what you mean, running water is an amenity I can't live without.

Wieb27

I live 20 minutes from the track. Never miss any motorcycle races there and have done a few track days at RA as well (not on the FZ8). I'll be there but not on the motorcycle. I'll be riding a blue Yamaha Zuma.

Last year was decent that weekend but the couple years prior were monsoons and really cold. Let's hope for decent weather!

Be sure to check out turn 5 on the inside. They cut away a lot of the trees there so you can see them get on the brakes earlier than you used to be able to.