Alabama and Florida

YamaHammer

New rider here, got my FZ8 last month. Loving it like crazy.

I wanted to start a new thread for riders in Bama and Florida, as I frequent both states. I currently live just across the state line in Alabama, about 40 mins west of Pensacola. I also spend time in South Florida and I am even considering moving there.

DSmith

Any weather above 80 i feel like im gunna die. I dont know how you guys do it..

But you get to ride year round!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Florida is awesome (you get to ride year round), and crappy (the roads are almost all straight) at the same time. Welcome! If you're going to be in NE FL, post up. I'm around riding almost every weekend.

jasonr199

Mobile, AL here. Haven't found many good roads here. Found a couple in Mississippi. Florida is beautiful!

YamaHammer

Hope this doesn't double post, thought I just entered a message...

I am glad to get such a great response. Living in south Baldwin co.

Riding or wishing I was riding.

YamaHammer

I just got my fz8 in September. I am away at work right now and its killing me.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Headed to Daytona next Saturday. If any of you are around, or planning on going, hit me up here. I will be checking my pm's daily.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
So.... remember when i said Florida roads are all straight? I take it all back. I have been shown the secrets of central Florida. Heaven lies there! Planning another ride in the next couple of months. I'll post up for anyone who wants to join when it gets closer. Yamahammer, you must come with.

YamaHammer

That would be great. I have yet to try the twisties. I am very novice on a sport bike so I have a lot to learn.

YamaHammer

Met up with Jasonr199 last weekend, had a blast riding with you dude! I'm glad i joined this forum, never would have known about other fz8 riders in my area without seeing them at random on the road.